Malachite

This Section Is For Advanced Hobbyists Discussing new original cutting edge Experimental and Trial Treatments and Surgical Techniques, here we take koi health and pond keeping to the next level

Moderators: B.Scott, vippymini, Gazza, Manky Sanke

stuart t
Nurse Shark
Nurse Shark

Malachite

Post by stuart t »

Hi Duncan,
I'm sure It use to be on a post here somewhere but seems to have gone missing? Can you please explain the difference between malachite oxalate ANC malachite chloride for Koi meds.

Thanks

Stuart
Al
Nurse Shark
Nurse Shark

Re: Malachite

Post by Al »

I can't explain the difference Stuart, but I think the Chloride one is less toxic, never used it myself so not sure of the benefits, hoping Dunc will shed some light on this.
Duncan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Duncan »

hi

yes there are two forms, oxalate and chloride salts, the former is the stronger and therefore the latter the weaker to put this in perspective

they use the chloride form in the main in the USA and its also used in their proform C tm and generally chloride tends to be used in FMG premixes

in the UK we mainly have access to oxalate form and less so to the chloride form but both are available here.

both are used at the same dose rate I.e 2% solution at 10 ml to 176 gallon, if you add malachite at this dose rate and you can still see your fish on the bottom you can be pretty sure you have used the chloride form

dunc
Al
Nurse Shark
Nurse Shark

Post by Al »

Thanks for the info Dunc :wink:
Graham.
Tiger Shark
Tiger Shark

Post by Graham. »