Found one anchor worm

This Section Is For Advanced Hobbyists Discussing new original cutting edge Experimental and Trial Treatments and Surgical Techniques, here we take koi health and pond keeping to the next level

Moderators: B.Scott, vippymini, Gazza, Manky Sanke

Brek
Black Tip Reef Shark
Black Tip Reef Shark

Found one anchor worm

Post by Brek »

My Yamabuki has been out of sorts recently, listless, lying on the bottom at times, scrapped nothing showing, so took her out one more time and think I have found one anchor worm, would one cause the symptoms that have caused me the concern? I know treatment is sedate, PP the worm so it releases its grip and remove whole worm. Should I be concerned about eggs in the pond? TIA. Brek.
Duncan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Found one anchor worm

Post by Duncan »

hi

yes anchor worm are egg layers the female is what you see embedded in the koi she matures her eggs then releases them to the pond floor

you need dimilin to treat for this or i believe the folks who make fluksolve "VETARK" make an anchor worm cure all
Brek
Black Tip Reef Shark
Black Tip Reef Shark

Re: Found one anchor worm

Post by Brek »

Thanks Duncan.

damn it, found a frog in the pond recently which had clouded the water to the point I couldn't see anything and it had died in pond. Off on hols in 3 days not best timing wise.