Trichodina 2

This Section Is For Advanced Hobbyists Discussing new original cutting edge Experimental and Trial Treatments and Surgical Techniques, here we take koi health and pond keeping to the next level

Moderators: B.Scott, vippymini, Gazza, Manky Sanke

Geoff9
Tiger Shark
Tiger Shark

Trichodina 2

Post by Geoff9 »

Hi All
Had Alandale out to give my koi a scrape and check over yesterday just to be on the safe side,he found trichodina2(never heard of this)same has trichodina but smaller and multiplies a lot faster when it gets going,

Treated with PP at 1.5 per ton (43grams in my pond)staid purple for four hours,put some dechlor in and the water went brown,this morning I added some Rapid Health to see if it would help clear the water and it's nearly back to it's best by tea time so I'm well pleased with this stuff and will use it all year.

Regards Geoff
eds
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Re: Trichodina 2

Post by eds »

Was it so small you couldn't see them on the slide? And did he sell you all the various treatments you've used? Sorry but Trichodina2 sounds a little suspicious to me! Has anyone else heard of it?
Geoff9
Tiger Shark
Tiger Shark

Post by Geoff9 »

Hi Ed's
Yes I did see them on two koi through his microscope and they are small,Jonathon at Alandale is a fair guy,he is a rich so no need to rip anyone off,I have used his service for over 6 years,no he didn't sell me any meds as I have PP in my own stock,

Regards Geoff
eds
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Post by eds »

Geoff9 wrote:Hi Ed's
Yes I did see them on two koi through his microscope and they are small,Jonathon at Alandale is a fair guy,he is a rich so no need to rip anyone off,I have used his service for over 6 years,no he didn't sell me any meds as I have PP in my own stock,

Regards Geoff
Fair enough mate, I'm just in a very sceptical mood at the moment so sorry if I was wrong!

Any more info on this new type of Trich?
Geoff9
Tiger Shark
Tiger Shark

Post by Geoff9 »

Hi Eds
No problem,I like you have found people in this hobby aren't what you think,in Autumn I bought an Ochiba off the Japenese pages of a dealer I have been dealing with for over 6 years,I emailed him to check if my new koi had made the journey home safe,"Yes" was the reply,when I got there one pec fin had a piece brocken off,I was told that would grow back,and they say stick with one supplier and he will look after you...not in my case,very dissapointed.

Regards Geoff