Post all Pond construction Topics here including DIY bits and pieces

Moderators: B.Scott, vippymini, Gazza, Manky Sanke

estanque_koi
Nurse Shark
Nurse Shark

video: first "airlift driven" Koi pond in Spain

Post by estanque_koi »

Hello again,
this other video features the very first Koi pond in Spain running just on air thanks to airlifts.
It has been successfully running just on air during the last three years and a half, with just two Secoh 40 air pumps from may till mid october, and only one during the rest of the year. It is a 40000 liters homemade pond, with two bottom drains and not originally designed for airlifts, and built with concrete blocks rendered and fiberglassed by his owner, Jose Antonio Frutos.
Pictures of the building process (comments in spanish) http://www.cesdonbosco.com/profes/jafru ... age_01.htm
But after a couple of years he figured out an airlift driven filtration system, providing a large water flow with low power comsuption. He removed the ultrasieve II and the sequence water pump, and modified his filters to work with airlifts. The pond is the home of 30 big Koi, most of them bought as small tosai or nisai. Daily feed in summer is one kilogram of pellets.
Watch this and enjoy!

VIDEO: http://vimeo.com/9142302
Gazza
architeuthis moderator
architeuthis moderator

Re: video: first "airlift driven" Koi pond in Spain

Post by Gazza »

Hi Diego,

Good to see you around my friend :D

The video link needs a password so we cant see it unfortunately.
estanque_koi
Nurse Shark
Nurse Shark

Re: video: first "airlift driven" Koi pond in Spain

Post by estanque_koi »

Hi Gazza! I'm sorry, there was a little mistake in the link, the last figure was not included.
Anyway, I have edited the message and corrected the link, now it works OK.