Taking a break

This Section Is For Advanced Hobbyists Discussing new original cutting edge Experimental and Trial Treatments and Surgical Techniques, here we take koi health and pond keeping to the next level

Moderators: B.Scott, vippymini, Gazza, Manky Sanke

Gazza
architeuthis moderator
architeuthis moderator

Re: Taking a break

Post by Gazza »

You know it makes sense Bob and a stream flow pond on air lifts done have to cost a lot to run when enclosed :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
kimr
Bull Shark
Bull Shark

Post by kimr »

Alot of sense that Gazza, and I think we should offer to look after the remaining Koi just incase he decides sooner rather than later about the new pond build :D :D
Al
Nurse Shark
Nurse Shark

Post by Al »

Oh Bob, I thought you where on the way into the streamflow club, listen to the Mrs for once lol :D
Bob Hart
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Bob Hart »

Sorry guys, it just aint gonna happen

I remember about 15 years ago when I fanally sold all my fishing gear, took me a while to do that even though I hadent fished for a while. I'm there with the Koi now, need to move on now!
steve t
Lemon Shark
Lemon Shark

Post by steve t »

Sorry to hear your taking a break Bob, I do hope you can start up again one day. Thanks for selling me some of your collection over the past 3 years, hope to have a chat with you at one of the shows, if your ever over this way at anytime drop us a line your welcome anytime.

Steve
tomy2ponds
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Post by tomy2ponds »

Bob I will see you and Gazza as your doing a Talk for the MSB next month,catch up then mate,I gave up fishing about three years ago but started again about a month ago so you never know what may happen in the future.
Thorny
Tiger Shark
Tiger Shark

Post by Thorny »

I think its like anything Bob, most of the time you just move on. I enjoy having the koi but could live without them easy. I think the Koi hobby is its own worst enemy. When You start out you are full of enthusiasm, to learn and buy koi. Then the more You learn the more You realize what You have isnt what You want, and the expense of gaining what You want out weighs what You want to pay. Then at this point You have meet stalemate within the hobby. So You either tread water or move on. I have had some great days out with you and had a few giggles along the way. I know how much you loved koi and the social side of it. Although this is something I steered away from along time ago. I thought showing dogs was 2 faced and clicky then I got into Koi :roll:
I doubt I will bump into You at a show mate as watching paint dry springs to mind, so good luck in the future. Take care
Justin
kimr
Bull Shark
Bull Shark

Post by kimr »

You will a big loss to the Koi World, but whatever you end up doing I hope you get the enjoyment from it that you have passed on to me and so many other's in this world of Koi keeping. I wish both you and Helen all the very best for the future, but please don't be a stranger
Brockp
Hammer Head shark
Hammer Head shark

Post by Brockp »

Follow your women's advice , I hate to admit it but they are rarely wrong.

When, not if, you want help with the new pond let me know and I will add myself to the list of volunteers. You may be pelased to know that my odd casced pond system is working really well and I can isolate ponds and feeds/treatmentsd at will but the bottom larger pond is just superb, thank you.

Peter
estanque_koi
Nurse Shark
Nurse Shark

Post by estanque_koi »

Hi Bob! Maybe you don't remember me. We actually met during Cuttlebrook KoiQuest day in may 2007, I was that spaniard who landed over there.
http://www.elkoi.es/elkoi2010/index.php ... &Itemid=97
Come on, never say never again. You never know what might happen in the future.
OK, you are living in a flat and are going to move soon, I can understand you must priorize. Time is limited, as often are finances too. Well, take it easy, complete your move, take your break. But keep open minded.
I still get lots of satisfactions and rewards from my Koi, keep on home breeding for the last 9 years, giving away thousands of tosai each year ... AND HAVE NOT A GENUINE KOI POND YET!
I'm still living in a flat, with a couple of small tanks above it, on the terraced roof, and three more in the University Campus.
So, you know what I mean? Willingness is what make it possible.
In the meantime, I stay with this picture
Bob Hart and Gazza having a good time at Cuttlebrook KoiQuest Day 2007
Bob Hart and Gazza having a good time at Cuttlebrook KoiQuest Day 2007
bob hart.JPG (70.6 KiB) Viewed 1507 times
Either way, I wish you all the best!