Post all Pond construction Topics here including DIY bits and pieces

Moderators: B.Scott, vippymini, Gazza, Manky Sanke

jacksdad
Sandbar shark
Sandbar shark

New pond

Post by jacksdad »

Hi Guys,

Been a while since my last post(2yrs i think!) finally got round to building my pond,its block built will be approx 3300 galls,no fancy gizmos im afraid,bottom drain feeding 42" vortex into 3x 36" vortex 1with jap mat or static k1,followed by 2x fluidised k1,through pump, 55watt u.v back to pond,also certiken skimmer powered by separate pump,pond is retangular with 1.5m wide bed running down one side,pond is raised 900mm and will be brick faced,my next job is rendering the inside,followed by dry fitting all the pipe work.I intend to fibreglass it myself,then finish off brickwork.
Will get some photos up once i get photobucket sorted...meanwhile any one got any constructive comments,ideas or pitfalls please fire away.

Regards
Jacksdad.ImageImageImage
Brockp
Hammer Head shark
Hammer Head shark

Re: New pond

Post by Brockp »

Hi Jacksdad;

I noticed that you are using block on edge for the above ground part of the build. Many others on other forums have raised concern about the strengnth of this type of wall. I did however notice that you have some tie bands sticking out so are you going to put and outer wall to strengthen the block wall ?
Peter
jacksdad
Sandbar shark
Sandbar shark

Re: New pond

Post by jacksdad »

Twin block walls on raised bed and filter bay,brick faced front and side(when the bricks turn up) time its rendered and glassed should be able to suvive a missile strike :D