Bacterial Infection

This Section Is For Advanced Hobbyists Discussing new original cutting edge Experimental and Trial Treatments and Surgical Techniques, here we take koi health and pond keeping to the next level

Moderators: B.Scott, vippymini, Gazza, Manky Sanke

Duncan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Bacterial Infection

Post by Duncan »

emmaandaj wrote:Hi Dunc,

Ive got the salt up to 0.6 %, will add some more tommorrow to get it up to 1%

Cheers Andy

Ps posted your purifier today so should be with you in a couple of days
i hope you mean 1oz per gallon mate 1% is do-able but a but much 0.9% is equal to 1.5 oz per gallon

thanks for the post mate i was getting a bit desperate

its back to bed for me i8n a mo

cheers
dunc
emmaandaj
Bull Shark
Bull Shark

Post by emmaandaj »

Hi Guys,

Just cleaned filters and dropped 25% of water, am slowly topping back up so that temperature doesnt drop. Shiro has even less red today, infact the large red area showing yesterday has halved and is much less angry now.

Greg-great advise, will keep a close eye out for the signs of dropsy and be prepared to up salt levels. Where do you get hold of anti-biotics should you i them?

Dunc-ive got salt upto 1ounce per gallon-sorry was getting confused when typing between oz per gallon and %. I always check salt with my meter and cross reference with your book so i dont get confused between the two! Hope you feel better soon mate-take it easy!

Cheers Andy
greg
Hammer Head shark
Hammer Head shark

Post by greg »

Andy,

If you have a koi friendly vet then that is the LEGAL place to obtain them. I have found that it has paid me to build that relationship with my vet over my short time in the hobby as they now are happy to prescribe what i need without visiting every time (although will if i don't use them within a 12month period).

I did begin to put together a koi friendly vet list together for various area's elsewhere on the internet. I will go find it and copy it over here too.