Treatments and temperatures

This Section Is For Advanced Hobbyists Discussing new original cutting edge Experimental and Trial Treatments and Surgical Techniques, here we take koi health and pond keeping to the next level

Moderators: B.Scott, vippymini, Gazza, Manky Sanke

tomy2ponds
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Treatments and temperatures

Post by tomy2ponds »

Hi Duncan would it be possible to have a list of what treatments can be safely used a what minimum and maximum temp temp,I know normally we would say do not use any treatments below 10 DG But is this just a safety number ?? and can some treatments be used below this temp.I know sometimes it is a kill or cure situation.I am sure this information would be very useful to many of us.

Sorry if this creates work for you,I thought it would cover a bit of a Grey area when using treatments in winter in unheated ponds.
Duncan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Treatments and temperatures

Post by Duncan »

Lee, sorry about the delay and im still up to the gunnels as io have written to new articles for this section this weekend

but you have already taken this past its limit the lower limit was considered 55f which is around 12 c but put simply there is nothing i really would not use below this point but a favourite is PP this can be used right down to 6c

i have used PHS below 12 c malachite green and C/T i would tend to do this when i have no other option but yes generally i would use

but then again wheni go into a winter heated or not i tend to make sure im parasite free prior to the autumn
tomy2ponds
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Post by tomy2ponds »

Hi Duncan I have used many things when kill or cure was the only option.I was wondering about things like Temlin flubenol superverm ??
Duncan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Duncan »

lee

would not worry about these wormers they are not temperature dependant if memory serves my trials with Telmin were at a very low temperature in the dead of winter and it all went swimmingly
tomy2ponds
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Post by tomy2ponds »

Thats good to know if I had flukes at low temps