[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Simply Koi and More Koi • View topic - koiquest forum

koiquest forum

Off topic chatter

Moderators: B.Scott, vippymini, Gazza, Manky Sanke

Re: koiquest forum

Postby cindy » Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:21 pm

Promising to check in more, have it in my favorites menu bar now.

Guess I haven't had any koi problems, I need to read over the winter and learn more.
cindy
Nurse Shark
Nurse Shark

Postby Manky Sanke » Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:23 pm

Cindy,

This forum was built on the reputation of being the place to go for definitive answers to koi health questions and problems. Duncan spent huge amounts of time ensuring that was the case. I'm now on board and I can talk for England about water and filtration (in fact I have done!!!). There is no need for you or other forum members to wait until you (they) have a problem, if you want to know something just ask. In fact, I've previously said that members can ask health/treatment or water/filtration related questions that they maybe even know the answers to but where the answers given might be useful for other members to read and which will add to the general pool of knowledge. So, by all means, ask questions and see if you can catch us out.
Manky Sanke
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Glenn » Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:13 pm

Good to see it back
Glenn
Black Tip Reef Shark
Black Tip Reef Shark

Postby cindy » Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:34 pm

cindy
Nurse Shark
Nurse Shark

Postby Duncan » Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:27 am

I have now streamlined koiquest forum to make it less cluttered with sections that conflict with one another
hope you think its a change for the better

dunc
Duncan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Manky Sanke » Sat Dec 12, 2015 12:21 pm

I do Duncan.
Manky Sanke
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Dave Collins » Sat Dec 12, 2015 7:01 pm

Looks good to me Duncan :D
Dave Collins
Nurse Shark
Nurse Shark

Postby Glenn » Sun Dec 13, 2015 10:00 am

Agree with Syd and Dave
Glenn
Black Tip Reef Shark
Black Tip Reef Shark

Postby Dave Collins » Sun Dec 13, 2015 12:22 pm

All we need now is "posts" :D
Dave Collins
Nurse Shark
Nurse Shark

Postby Jasminryan » Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:54 pm

I haven't quite worked this forum thing out to be more involved but I hope to soon x
Jasminryan
Sandbar shark
Sandbar shark

Postby Duncan » Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:22 am

Jasmin
its a much better media to talk things out and write in
face book is pants for writing details answers

dunc
Duncan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Manky Sanke » Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:29 am

Manky Sanke
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby PowerShowa » Tue Dec 15, 2015 4:50 pm

You're not alone Jasmine, I've come in to forums after Facebook and can see their benefit for document archives, but they're not particularly mobile friendly, but then not many folk have dropped their PC in the pond. Facebook have missed an oppertunity in groups to have structured threads rather than just a clutterd blog, but should they ever do that it will set the nail in the coffin for traditional forums.
PowerShowa
Sandbar shark
Sandbar shark

Postby Manky Sanke » Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:20 pm

Manky Sanke
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby lbt » Sat Aug 06, 2016 1:13 am

I (well we) are also new to the hobby but I recently met Tony (who's now making the Dracodrum) and he recommended Duncan's book (great resource btw) and I've been reading through various posts and articles in an attempt to find out how much I don't know.

IMHO it'd be a shame for the forum to go read-only so I'm glad it's still here.

I do have some questions pending about sedation and probably about setting up the plumbing for my filters (hopefully that's a water quality thing ? :D )

FWIW I was told by Tony and read in Duncan's articles about the benefits of gravity feeding a filter so for the last couple of weeks we've just dug a 9'x4'x5' deep pit next to the pond and spent today laying a concrete slab - all so we can gravity feed the filters!
lbt
Sandbar shark
Sandbar shark

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements