koiquest forum

Off topic chatter

Moderators: B.Scott, vippymini, Gazza, Manky Sanke

Manky Sanke
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: koiquest forum

Post by Manky Sanke »

One of the reasons why I think this forum isn't as busy as some others is that it isn't a place where people regularly go to chatter about their latest koi etc. There's nothing wrong with that, of course, but there are many places where they can do that. There is a "chit chat" section for general talk about koi and ponds or anything else that members might think would be of interest to others but this has always been an educational centre where hobbyists can come to learn.

New hobbyists can learn the basics, ask questions and get straight, no nonsense answers rather than the many varied and random ideas often seen in other places, some of which are positively frightening. More experienced hobbyists can improve and refine what they know and exchange ideas so as to improve the general pool of knowledge throughout the hobby.

So you, and everyone else, can feel free to ask questions, make comments or contribute their ideas to threads safe in the knowledge that no-one on here will do anything other than be helpful. No-one will insult or demean anyone for their lack of knowledge or simply because they have different ideas. You will certainly not find unsupported personal opinion or speculation presented as fact.

Here are a couple of "facts" that I "learned" from the forum posts of one so called expert and which I'm fond of quoting:

1. The reason why salt is difficult to remove from a pond is because salt is insoluble in water!!!??? (Honestly, he really said that).
2. Dechlorinators aren’t necessary because he said that simply running chlorinated tap water through a hose into a waterfall will remove the chlorine before the water reaches the pond.  Please don’t try this at home!!!

So feel free to ask your questions when you're ready.
kingfisher
Nurse Shark
Nurse Shark

Post by kingfisher »

Have just noticed this thread. Certainly would be a crying shame if it became read only, so don`t do it Duncan.
Most of the other forums, one has to sort through the chat/opinions/humour to get a solid answer .Koiquest
may not have all their bells & whistles but it categorically has the most authoritative & factual information always.
I have had considerable help over the years from here whilst endeavoring to keep healthy Koi both from
static & responsive replies...long may it continue !
Ray stokes
Sandbar shark
Sandbar shark

Post by Ray stokes »

Hi dunc keep it open and people will come back to use it people followed you on face book as it was easier now it's gone folk will return.its the best site for help and information keep it up regards Ray stokes