Jules

Off topic chatter

Moderators: B.Scott, vippymini, Gazza, Manky Sanke

Jules
architeuthis moderator
architeuthis moderator

Re: Jules

Post by Jules »

I had an interesting scan last week where I was made radioactive and spent 20 mins inside the scanner. This week I have received the results it am quote disease free unquote. This however does not mean I am cancer free yet and need to have check ups every six weeks for the first year. I have the pleasure of a camera being stuck up my nose to view the back of my throat and base of my tongue which is fun in itself and interesting as I also get to watch it on screen.
It's amazing what they can do on the NHS and I class myself as lucky to have had an excellent Oncology team along with an awesome wife and family. Bug thank you to those who have wished me luck along the way and if you do take time to check yourself over and find something unusual get it checked and don't be afraid to ask for a cancer test. It comes in many forms and disguises but is also a silent killer.
Happy koi keeping and I hope to see some of you at the South East this year.
kayoss
Bull Shark
Bull Shark

Post by kayoss »

Glad to hear it's good news Jules.

All the best

Bob
Manky Sanke
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Manky Sanke »

I looked for Jules' Facebook page so I could keep abreast of the latest updates but I couldn't find it, can anyone help with a link please?
kayoss
Bull Shark
Bull Shark

Post by kayoss »

Hi Sid

Try this link https://www.facebook.com/jules.walker.39

Not sure it will work because I don't use facebook very often.

Cheers

Bob
Manky Sanke
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Manky Sanke »

Thanks Bob.
Jules
architeuthis moderator
architeuthis moderator

Post by Jules »

Hello fellow Questers.

Just a swift update for you all and again thank you for the many kind messages and prayers it truly does make a difference.

I am now 8 months post last treatment and have had a few ups and downs. I was given such large doses of Chemo and Radiotherapy they dared give me hoping that my age and fitness would pull me through. The downside to this being side effects where I am now officially brain damaged, not that there was much left from the Royal Marines as Commando School will show you all soon enough ha ha ha! I have had two more scares and a brain tumour scan, luckily all have proved negative and I continue to recover daily. My main problems are fatigue, confusion and black outs. My blood pressure has dropped to a very low end of the scale and my resting heartbeat is back to 67/67 from 95/98 bpm.
I can't fault the NHS and my Oncology team money has been no object and care is and still remains out of this world. I now await an appointment with a Neuorologist in either Kings or the Royal Marsden see if we can get to the bottom of the head issues.

I am contemplating going back to having another Koi Pond. This time about 3,000 gallons. I quite like the idea of an air lift sysrem with a drain to a drum filter and bacci shower. Watch this space it will have a window and skimmer with an air curtain.

Kind regards

Jules
Manky Sanke
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Manky Sanke »

Glad to hear your encouraging news Jules and don't forget that, if you do want another pond, there will be a few volunteers to help in any way we can.