Jules

Off topic chatter

Moderators: B.Scott, vippymini, Gazza, Manky Sanke

Duncan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Jules

Post by Duncan »

i have just found out that Brother jules has been diagnosed with cancer i dont know any more details other than that at the moment

im sure you will all join me in wishing him a speedy recovery
Manky Sanke
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Jules

Post by Manky Sanke »

I'll certainly join in with that wish. If you speak to him, tell him Mrs Manky and I said that our thoughts are with him and we hope he will be enjoying better health soon.
Gazza
architeuthis moderator
architeuthis moderator

Post by Gazza »

Hi Guys,

Yes he has had an op and will be having some treatment as its in his mouth/throat so best wishes being and i know he will keep positive.
Manky Sanke
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Manky Sanke »

Thanks for the update Gazza, please keep us informed.
boogatee
Bull Shark
Bull Shark

Post by boogatee »

Hi Gazza, please pass my regards on to Jules when you next talk to him.
Duncan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Duncan »

further update

he has a line put into his chest on thursday and friday morning at 8 am starts his chemo

we can all keep our fingers and toes crossed for him

dunc
StuW
Bull Shark
Bull Shark

Post by StuW »

Best wishes for a full recovery mate. Our thoughts are with you
kayoss
Bull Shark
Bull Shark

Post by kayoss »

Thinking of you Jules and wishing you all the best for a successful treatment and a very speedy recovery.

Bob
fisherman
Tiger Shark
Tiger Shark

Post by fisherman »

Hi Jules
If you can read this best of luck as I well know what you are going through think positive I was diagnosed with the big C 10 years ago after 5 operations and been clear for the last 18 months
If you want to talk to anyone give me a call 01375 859439 if you don’t get a reply leave a message and I will get back to you ASAP
Best regards Pete
Geoff9
Tiger Shark
Tiger Shark

Post by Geoff9 »

Just read this, so sorry Jules, I hope you make a speedy recovery.

Kind regards Geoff
Jules
architeuthis moderator
architeuthis moderator

Post by Jules »

Ladies and Gents thank you very much for your kind words of support and at 45 years old this was not on the expected list of things to get for at least another 20 years!
Since my diagnosis in July the last half of 2013 has flown past. I admit at times have not known what day of the week it is but have been lucky enough to be surrounded by great friends and amazing family. I had a 3 cm cancerous tumour at the base of my tongue which could not be operated on but I had a great Oncology team who have put me through a 13 week programme of Chemotherapy and Radiotherapy. I had a line called a Groshan line inserted into my chest with a direct feed into my heart for administering the Chemo and this is what nearly claimed my life. After all Chemo and Radio was finished the line was removed and found to have an infection. A swab was taken for culture and we awaited the results. Within 36 hours I was rushed via Ambulance to A&E with a raging temperature and uncontrollable shakes. Another 12 hours delay and i would have been on life support with a 50/50 chance of pulling through. As it was the Drs wanted to get me a Vicar on standby to read me my last rights. I knew nothing of this until two weeks afterwards. 3 different forms of IV antibiotics and a 5 day stay in isolation as I was also Neutropenic (No immune system) stabilised things until I could get back to my Oncology team who issued me with more antibiotics that were specific to the infection. 5 days later feeling much better I am nearly at the end of this tunnel for now.
I have posted more in depth weekly sitreps on my FB account in the hope that if anybody finds a strange lump or doesn't feel right the importance of getting yourself checked. I have been contacted last week by some one who has the condition and have briefed them on what t expect, what will help them and hope to see them the other side.
Many thanks for taking time to read this and if you do go and get yourself checked for anything and are not happy with the results request a second opinion it could save your life.
All the best for 2014 and this may be the year where I finally have another pond :-)
Warm wishes Jules
Manky Sanke
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Manky Sanke »

Jules,

I'm glad the future is looking more positive. We're all thinking of you so keep us updated. By the way, Mrs Manky still wants to know if we can borrow the cane you bought with you when you came to give a talk about ponds and filters back in the days of Essex. :shock:
StuW
Bull Shark
Bull Shark

Post by StuW »

Hi mate, great to hear your updates on here and Facebook and great to hear of good progress. Yes life throws some stuff at us even before we expect it and you and I have had a pretty crappy year and let's hope 2014 is better for all those who's 2013 sucks
Duncan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Duncan »

nice one Jules thanks for the update and really nice to see you filling out again

love from us both

Dunc & Pol
kayoss
Bull Shark
Bull Shark

Post by kayoss »

Hi Jules

Great to see you posting an update and even better to know things are looking more positive for you.

Good luck mate, and I hope you have a great 2014.

Best wishes

Bob