Off topic chatter

Moderators: B.Scott, vippymini, Gazza, Manky Sanke

Manky Sanke
Site Admin
Site Admin

Latest information re the National

Post by Manky Sanke »

Here is the latest information about the National:

List of dealers and a message from our PRO from a post on another forum.

Evolution Aqua
Hikari
Profidrum
Selective Koi Sales
Oase
Kusuri
Show Koi
HeatPumps4Pools
Koi Carp
Yume Koi
Koi Collection
Top Ponds
Teeside Koi
Clearly Aquatics
Gatwick Koi
Four Seasons Koi
Walcott Koi
Shop4Koi
Birmingham Koi
S&C Koi
Cherry Blossom Bonsai
Auld Lang Stone
Gardencrafts
The Wooden Koi Company

Re: the National
by gibbo » Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:52 pm
Well I'm back at the hotel from the first day of build up so have a bit of time to post before I try and catch up with paperwork from Gardeners World Show where we were exhibiting and promoting koi keeping, the BKKS and the National Show for 5 days last week.

That went really well, so many people interested in the show, either people that knew about the National from the old days or new people who thought it sounded like an interesting event to attend. Quite a few advance tickets sold and a number of people who knew koi keepers and wanted details to pass on. We even managed to increase the BKKS membership by allowing people to sign up at the show. So hopefully we will have a lot of people coming along that are new to koi shows, and who knows one or two might decide to take up the hobby.

So on to the National and all the vats are up and the centre ring in place. Some marquees are also up and the rest will be going up tomorrow and Wednesday. It was a really nice start to the day when the guys who supply the centre ring framework turned up and told me they thought they were in the wrong place as it looked far to nice to be a koi show venue. Its nice to have reassurance like that about the venue choice.

We have a good amount of dealers, despite what some have tried to claim. I personally think it offers a very good variety and its good to see some new faces exhibiting. We are still getting dealer enquiries on a daily basis and its such a shame that we cant fit everyone in this year and had to deal with things on a first come first served basis, especially with the wet dealers due to bio security. I'd personally like to thank all of the trade exhibitors who have been prepared to pay for a stand and support the show, especially with such a poor start to this seasons sales. I know that each of them is primarily doing so to support the show rather than make a profit, so I really hope that a lot of people come along and support them in return. I'm aware there are going to be one or two good deals on offer.

We also have a good amount of vats with 40 in the centre ring, I don't want to start naming specific exhibitors as I have said in a few other posts that in our eyes each exhibitor who is prepared to bring their koi along and support the show is equally as important to us. What I will say is that I know there are some great koi coming to the show, and I'm confident anyone coming along wont be disappointed

Booking for the show party have been incredible. To be honest in the first couple of weeks these were quite slow and I wondered if it was going to be a non event, which would have been a real shame with the ideas we have implemented. It turned out that perhaps I was a little impatient and bookings over the past few weeks have been coming in thick and fast, and we are still getting more people booking on a daily basis, so its going to be a great evening. The venue have been very helpful with us extending the deadline but they did say today that we really are going to have to give them a final number, so we have a couple of tables left and that is it. So any last takers who do want to come please get your bookings in asap.

Hope that gives everyone a bit more info, I'll try and keep things updated as I can but we have a lot to do in the next few days, and at some point I might even try and get home to pick some stock up of my own otherwise my stand will be a bit empty

Look forward to seeing you all at the weekend.
Manky Sanke
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Latest information re the National

Post by Manky Sanke »

Latest update from the PRO

Re The National
gibbo » Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:29 pm

Just got back to the hotel after being at the showground all day. I'd love to stand around taking pictures to share but unfortunately there is a lot of work to be done, and as always a very small group of people who are doing it.

First couple of marquees are now up, lots more going up tomorrow and Thu which will make the site look much more impressive.

Manky Sanke
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Manky Sanke »

A few pictures of the build and an update from Gibbo:

Re: The National
by gibbo » Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:22 am
Just a quick update before I retire for a few hours, progress continued today at a rapid pace as we had a few more people to help today. Most of the vats are full of water, the marquee company broke the back of the work today and will be putting up the final 6 marquees tomorrow.

Talking to several of our sponsors today and they told me about some good deals and promotions they will be offering at the show. I heard from several of the wet dealers that they have stocked up heavily on koi for the weekend and it sounds like there will be a lot of selection available.

Manky Sanke
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Manky Sanke »

Final update on progress.

Re: the national
by gibbo » Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:12 pm
From updates throughout the day I'm told things are going really well and everything is now ready for benching tomorrow

Having been away for a couple of weeks I've been trying to get home for a night since Tue and finally managed it today so I haven’t seen the showground and have had to rely on updates. After the hours spent there recently I can’t believe how much I am missing it and can’t wait to get back tomorrow especially to see all the koi arrive

Just a couple of revisions to what has been advertised. Unfortunately Dave from HeatPumps4Pools had to cancel his stand due to a family bereavement, however we managed to fill the stand within a few minutes and Seneye will now be attending. Our thoughts are with Dave and we look forward to having him at the show next year.

Also Mark Gardner has been unable to get back to the UK in time for the show and sends his sincere apologies.

On a more positive note the comments from people arriving to help this week have been great and everyone has been surprised how good things look.

The show party bookings are now closed, we have even had three people book today but the venue had to put a final deadline in place to ensure they had the right food in. We have just under 100 people attending so should be a great night

Hope to see you all at the weekend