Who's up for a party?

Off topic chatter

Moderators: B.Scott, vippymini, Gazza, Manky Sanke

Manky Sanke
Site Admin
Site Admin

Who's up for a party?

Post by Manky Sanke »

The Gala Dinner at the BKKS National has always been a successful and fun night, and this year will be no exception.

'Re-branded' as the Show Party, this event will take place from 7pm to midnight on the Saturday evening (22nd), in the main event room at the Show venue. This is a beautiful space, fully equipped with everything we need to have a great party; there will be good food, great music, and excellent company.

The winners of the main awards will be announced for the first time here, accompanied by a slideshow of photographs of the koi, and explanations from a member of the Judging Team as to why each koi won.

At the Show Party we will also be holding an auction of koi that have been donated by Japanese Breeders; all proceeds from this will go towards supporting future BKKS National Koi Shows.

These koi will be on display at the Show on Saturday, and people not attending the Show Party will still be able to submit bids, so that they do not miss the opportunity to win one of these stunning koi.

And we are pleased to announce that Russ Williams ~ Award Winning Comedian ~ After Dinner Speaker ~ Charity Auctioneer ~ will be at the Show Party.

With over 20 years experience in the business, and four National UK Tours, Russ, who is instantly recognisable in his trademark multi-coloured jacket, will make it a night to remember with his vast repertoire of funny stories and hilarious material.

The Menu for the evening is also outstanding, prepared by renowned chefs. There are options available for each course, and you can choose any Starter, with any Main and Dessert. If you have any special dietary requirements, then please contact the Show organisers before booking so that we can assure you that your needs can be met.

I look forward to welcoming you to the Heart of England’s Quicken Tree Restaurant where you can enjoy my dishes over a glass or two of fine wine. Nothing is too much trouble in my kitchen, so please do mention when reserving your table should you have any special dietary requirements and I will be happy to adapt any of my dishes accordingly.
Jon Parnell - Head Chef

We have arranged very affordable show rates with two large local hotels, which are both within a couple of miles of the venue. These will need to be booked direct, and details are available on the Show website. Whilst there are many rooms at each hotel, we have already received lots of direct enquiries about accommodation and a number of rooms are already booked. If necessary, we will add details of other hotels to the Show website. The show venue also offers facilities for camping, and caravans with electric hook-up.

Subject to demand, a coach will be available to transport Show Party attendees to and from the 2 show hotels, to the event. If you would like transport at £7.50 per person, if it's available, please indicate this on the booking form and we will contact you in advance of the Show if the coach is going to be available

Show party tickets cost £35 per person on this link:
http://www.thenationalkoishow.co.uk/sho ... plications

Details of the National Show are on this link:
http://www.thenationalkoishow.co.uk/
Manky Sanke
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Who's up for a party?

Post by Manky Sanke »

Update on the auction at the show party.

Here’s one of the koi that will be auctioned; a sanke from Makoto Tanaka san. (And it’s by no means a manky one).

If you want to bid on these koi, you have two choices:
Attend the Show Party, where the auction will take place - this will give you the best opportunity to grab a bargain 'live', as the auction happens

Submit a sealed maximum bid.
You can either do this at the Show on Saturday, or request a bidding form in advance, by emailing
nationalshow@bkks.co.uk

Please note these important Terms and Conditions:
Please be aware that you will be required to confirm that you are able to provide appropriate care for koi before being able to bid.
All payments will need to be made at the time of winning, or the koi will be re-entered into the auction.
Bidders not attending the auction will be contacted by phone before the bidding commences; if contact cannot be established, then the bid will not be presented.
Manky Sanke
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Manky Sanke »

Next koi to be auctioned

Manky Sanke
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Manky Sanke »

Third koi in the auction

Manky Sanke
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Manky Sanke »

Number four

Manky Sanke
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Manky Sanke »

Last day to book your tickets for the show party, and if this one doesn't persuade you to come along and bid in person, nothing will!

Mind you, I've had a sneak preview at the tancho I'll be posting tomorrow, that one will definitely be worth a bid too.

Don't miss your chance book today.

Manky Sanke
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Manky Sanke »

Ok, postal applications to the show party are now closed but I've just learned that on-line applications will remain open for another few days for any stragglers who haven't booked yet.

And here's that tancho I mentioned yesterday. Nice or what?

Manky Sanke
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Manky Sanke »

Here is number seven.

Manky Sanke
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Manky Sanke »

Here's the eighth one and for those who haven't seen the full set of pictures in Koi Carp magazine, the next four will be posted here over the next few days as they appear on the website.

Manky Sanke
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Manky Sanke »

Here is number nine.

Manky Sanke
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Manky Sanke »

Here is number ten and there are two more to go after this. Better book your tickets today, the catering people are being very co-operative and are allowing us to keep adding to the list but when they call time, the list will have to close, so there is still just about time but the on-line ticket sales can't be held open much longer.

Manky Sanke
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Manky Sanke »

Here's number eleven, the last one will be posted tomorrow.

Manky Sanke
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Manky Sanke »

Last, and by no means least, this shiro.

Manky Sanke
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Manky Sanke »

Final message from our PRO regarding the show party:

Bookings for the show party have been incredible. To be honest in the first couple of weeks these were quite slow and I wondered if it was going to be a non event, which would have been a real shame with the ideas we have implemented. It turned out that perhaps I was a little impatient and bookings over the past few weeks have been coming in thick and fast, and we are still getting more people booking on a daily basis, so its going to be a great evening. The venue have been very helpful with us extending the deadline but they did say today that we really are going to have to give them a final number, so we have a couple of tables left and that is it. So any last takers who do want to come please get your bookings in asap.