fisherman
Tiger Shark
Tiger Shark

Sad news about the koi magazine

Post by fisherman »

The BKKS PRO has given me the OK to put this article onto forums
Important news regarding koi magazine Today 11:24
Dear Members of the BKKS,

Yesterday afternoon (1st October) we were advised by Koi Magazine that they had ceased publication, and that issue 179 (which is due out in the next few days) will be the final edition.

This morning our Chairman contacted the Editor of Koi Magazine to discuss the implications of this with regards to the contract between The BKKS and the publishers of Koi Magazine. As a result of this it would seem we need to seek legal advice.

Most importantly what does this mean for our Plus Membership who receives the magazine as part of their subscription?

1. Firstly we understand that all BKKS Plus members will receive their copy of issue 179 of Koi Magazine due this month.

2. We are already in contact with Koi Carp magazine to see if there is any opportunity to transfer subscriptions under a similar arrangement.

Obviously this situation was totally unexpected and without prior warning, therefore please bear with us for a few days whilst we clarify the situation and the options available.

We will keep the information updated on the BKKS homepage as soon as it becomes available

Steve Gibbons

BKKS Public Relations Officer
Markey
Lemon Shark
Lemon Shark

Re: Sad news about the koi magazine

Post by Markey »

Very unexpected..
:shock:
tomy2ponds
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Post by tomy2ponds »

To say I am shocked is an understatement :shock:
fisherman
Tiger Shark
Tiger Shark

Post by fisherman »

Hi Lee
I guessed that something wasn’t right with the magazine when I asked them why don’t you have a stall at the southeast show and it was declined ,the reasoned I asked them was there opponents koi carp had a stall at the show
rhorun
Sandbar shark
Sandbar shark

Post by rhorun »

I picked up a copy of the that and didnt like how it read prefered the easier to read Koi magazine

it is very sad indeed I have got so much out of the mag and forum etc

Col
tomy2ponds
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Post by tomy2ponds »

Its a sign of the times sadly the hobby is in decline along with the BKKS
Graham.
Tiger Shark
Tiger Shark

Post by Graham. »

Was unusual to see happen and the way it unfolded so quick was very shocking considering that they had a forum to possibly discuss their thoughts long ago that may have even seen it survive at least till the end of year who knows.

Still the bad side is if the MAG goes then no doubt the forum will as their web team will want the resource back on their server.

Still flip side is that forums much like this will see an increase of followers so fire up that second flux capacitor Syd.

Regards