New Pond

please discuss all off topics here just be nice to one another
Jules
architeuthis moderator
architeuthis moderator

New Pond

Post by Jules »

After some time away from the hobby and although having access to an 18,000g pond I have missed my Koi fix. I am thinking of building a pool of my own. Looking for as low maintenance as possible and the way i may go is how Mike Snaden at Yume koi has done his latest pool. I like the streamflow system with a sieve and showers. I also would like to have it enclosed but this would mean a change of location to current suggested position. There will also be a window in it as I now have 2 little people and windows are for me an ideal distraction for little people wanting to climb over the top of a pool. I intend for it to be 3 feet in the ground and just over 3 feet tall. not sure on length or width yet I need to locate drainage that I know runs through the property. So watch this space it will happen after more planning and decisions. :mrgreen:
Manky Sanke
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: New Pond

Post by Manky Sanke »

Don't forget what I said, if you need any help just shout.
Geoff9
Tiger Shark
Tiger Shark

Post by Geoff9 »

Hi Jules
So nice to see you coming back to the koi world,

I hope your family and yourself are well.

Kind Regards Geoff
Jules
architeuthis moderator
architeuthis moderator

Post by Jules »

Thank you Manky I will do.

Geoff thank you very much. How is that pool of your doing after these years and if you were to build it again what would you change?
Jules
architeuthis moderator
architeuthis moderator

Post by Jules »

Thank you Manky I will do.

Geoff thank you very much. How is that pool of your doing after these years and if you were to build it again what would you change?
Geoff9
Tiger Shark
Tiger Shark

Post by Geoff9 »

Hi Jules
If I changed anything it would be the skimmer line as it was only 1.5" I used 1.5" pipe I didn't know you could cut the end bit off and use 2",

The Nexus300 still does a good job but sometimes the water isn't as clear as I would like but to be honest it doesn't bother me unlike now the water is green and I can only see the koi when they come up for food the Nexus 310 was poor in my eyes but they have put it right on the new Nexus 320.

Regards Geoff
Duncan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Duncan »

while you getting your koi fix we need you back on here bruv you've long been missed!

you mucka

dunc
P/s you need to drop by and show off your latest daughter
Jules
architeuthis moderator
architeuthis moderator

Post by Jules »

Sounds like a plan brother. Currently in Wednesbury may pop iN and grab a coffee with you today?
StuW
Bull Shark
Bull Shark

Post by StuW »

Great news Jules. Brilliant you feel up to the task too!