free gifts

please discuss all off topics here just be nice to one another
Duncan
Site Admin
Site Admin

free gifts

Post by Duncan »

ill start it off

every now and again around twice a month and order will come in and I put an impromptu free gift in with the order

to date no one has emailed me saying thanks for the gift or even you made a mistake and included something I never ordered I still do it today MOFD I sent one out yesterday, and wait with baited breath for number one to come clean

dunc
Manky Sanke
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: free gifts

Post by Manky Sanke »

I know the feeling Duncan,

It seems that many people have forgotten how to say thank you. I don't send out free gifts but I get a lot of mail in my inbox asking for help or information. Sometimes answering questions is virtually all I get done all day. Like you, the hours that I spend explaining and helping people is free and purely due to my nature to want to help people, mostly people I'll never know or meet.

Some people are enthusiastic with their thanks and even send updates as to how they got on. Others don't even bother to click "reply", type thank you and click "send". I expect it's the same for you.

So everyone looking in, just remember that, if someone gives you something for nothing or spends their time helping solve a problem by email or on a forum, a quick thank you makes it seem worthwhile.
StuW
Bull Shark
Bull Shark

Post by StuW »

Really surprised about that..I hope I have always thanked you for all your help. If I have ever forgotten, well thank you Duncan. Your help is always appreciated
Manky Sanke
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Manky Sanke »

Thanks Stuart,

It wasn't just me that I was grumbling about, there is a small army of people in this hobby who go out of their way to help others by giving detailed replies to their questions or problems. Many people, like yourself, remember to show appreciation but some just ask a question on a forum or by email, they get a detailed answer then don't bother to acknowledge the time that someone else has spent answering it. Or, as Duncan said, he sends out free gifts and doesn't get a "thank you".
Duncan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Duncan »

guys like syd I answer loads of querries by email and it has to be said on face book and having taken the time to put something together that's worthy of being read some don't even acknowledge you have said anything at all

the free gift thing I find funny I get a blast out of doing it..

a funny true story I went to morrisons just the other night bought some peroni's and Mojito ice lollies , I had left the dog in the car with the roof down so was in a rush to get back out, so I went to the self check out
so I scanned the ice lollies and it said the assistant is coming, I never knew you had to be over 18 to buy these , then the peroni to receive the same message the assistant is coming then I put my card in, do you want cash back? yes please 40 quid

paid got my stuff and rushed back to the car see the dog was still there, half way home I realised I had not picked my 40 quid up so turned around and went back parked right out front and run in, the same assistant was there I told her what had happened she looked no 40 quid and nobody had handed it in
that's human nature for you~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
dunc
Boycey
Sandbar shark
Sandbar shark

Post by Boycey »

Hi guys,I've dealt with Syd and been to one of his seminars and found it excellent and very informative!!! but what really shone through was his generosity with his knowledge and enthusiasm which he freely imparts and yes in this day and age is very refreshing! Without people like yourselfs that are willing to share this knowledge and time to do this the hobby and the hobbiest would suffer IMO. So hats off to both of you and keep up the good work,unfortunately human nature is such that sometimes people seem to lack the mindfulness or manners to take the time just to say thank you. So just to say thank you for your efforts it is appreciated :)
Al
Duncan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Duncan »

thank you Al
Boycey
Sandbar shark
Sandbar shark

Post by Boycey »

your welcome!
Manky Sanke
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Manky Sanke »

Thank you from me too Boycey,

I got an excellent feedback after that one and, as a result of it having been so well received, I'm in the process of putting on more, not just at the Kent Science Centre but at venues around the country so that the travelling isn't offputting for those who live a long way from Sittingbourne. If anyone is interested in booking or would like to help arrange for their koi club to host a whole day seminar, as per the Potteries example, see this link.

[Edit] Whoops forgot to post the link to my seminar page
http://www.mankysanke.co.uk/html/koi_seminars.html
Boycey
Sandbar shark
Sandbar shark

Post by Boycey »

Your welcome syd,as said I found it very interesting and informative day and would defiantly recommend it to anyone interested!
thanks
Al