Return of the S.I.M.P.L.E. (Easy) thread

Moderators: B.Scott, vippymini, Gazza, Manky Sanke

co2
Nurse Shark
Nurse Shark

Post by co2 »

First post here hello to every one,
Compliments to the pond section some very nice ponds.
Also to other section a wealth of information for such a new sight.

Scotty I did see this first time around and gained a lot of info from the thread I am glad you brought it back to life, nice one
My problem was conversion of the existing filtration was not possible so I went for the pod to run along side the main filter.
Its cheep and cheerful but it does what it’s supposed to do. I took the advantage of not needing the benched bottom. So the cost of the pod complete would be cheaper than buying a vortex.
I must say I do feel guilty about pinching some one’s idea but there’s no way I could afford the nexus anyway.
I found a router bit the better option than the drill gives a nice clean cut.
Please excuse the mess relocation and cosmetics have yet to be decided.
John.
co2
Nurse Shark
Nurse Shark

Post by co2 »

no pick :oops:
Attachments
POD.jpg
POD.jpg (63.31 KiB) Viewed 30221 times
vippymini
architeuthis moderator
architeuthis moderator

Post by vippymini »

Welcome to the forum Co2

Very nice ! :lol: i also seem to have one of those in the garden!

As for using other peoples ideas , this is what the forum is for to share, help and pass knowledge on to each other :D :D :D
B.Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by B.Scott »

Co2,
I'm impressed! Simple, ellegant and cheap. And of course the most important factor, it gets the job done! Kudos to you! Actually you have the advantage of having a small differential between the volume of the entire container and the volume of the Static K containment!. Most of us tend to dump a lot of water to get rid of the gunk in the Static K. That's a problem you don't have to deal with by the looks of things.
Thanks for the pictures! :D
B.Scott
co2
Nurse Shark
Nurse Shark

Post by co2 »

Thanks for the welcome vippyminni.
Quote also seem to have one of those in the garden!
Do you mean a pod?
Elegant Scotty definitely not :shock: eye sore yes. :wink:
It’s about 14 galls per flush so as you say not a lot of water wasted.
john
B.Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by B.Scott »

I just wanted to ask if anyone else using static K experianced a massive die-back of blanket weed as I did?
According to Dunc it's not unusual.
Anybody?

B.Scott
Gazza
architeuthis moderator
architeuthis moderator

Post by Gazza »

I did at first but its come back to haunt me :? well it was not massive but then i treated with the EA stuff and it come back even faster :cry: :cry: :cry:

It will soon be gone :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
B.Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by B.Scott »

To date the only place I now find BW is at the water line. Where I have rubbed that off it doesn't come back. Things might change in the spring but I must say I am curious has to which road it will take.
My BW died back to the point where I could read the stamps on the rubber liner on the bottom of the pond. Havent seen those for a LONG while! Got a nice fuzzy layer of algea now, hope it stays that way!
B.Scott
Gazza
architeuthis moderator
architeuthis moderator

Post by Gazza »

Hi Scott or should i say Brian :lol: :wink:

I did a couple of posts when i converted to static K1 about the BW dying off but also it had a funny smell to it.It was a perfume smell i thought i was going mad and even my young and attractive assistant said mmmmm that smell nice!!!!!!!! Nice from a settlement chamber of a pond have you every heard such a thing?????????

It also seemed to turn a light greener colour and the stuff i have now is more dark green but it will go as i have not added anything to get rid of it since the episode with the EA stuff.
co2
Nurse Shark
Nurse Shark

Post by co2 »

Can’t comment on the easy too new but some thing to hopefully to look forward too.
Do you still find bw in your easy Scotty ?
Plus same experience ass gazza treated with blanket answer so no weed any way,
Sweet smells yes I would have said like alcohol smell like when you’re walking past a pub.
John aka goldy
Gazza
architeuthis moderator
architeuthis moderator

Post by Gazza »

Hi John,

My BW grew back but i must admit i don't seem to get much in the K! now i converted the vortex completely to segregate the K1.I did get some when i had the bottom drain coming in directly with the K1!!!!!!!
co2
Nurse Shark
Nurse Shark

Post by co2 »

Hi Gazza
So are you saying although the weed is stronger it must be growing at a very slow rate?.
John
Gazza
architeuthis moderator
architeuthis moderator

Post by Gazza »

The weed should stop growing or slow down....well i hope so as i am now running and RO system which should help with things.......i think!!!!
co2
Nurse Shark
Nurse Shark

Post by co2 »

Gazza I know you say that the easy has increased your orp, do you relate this to less BW. Or possibly to less nutrients?
John.
Gazza
architeuthis moderator
architeuthis moderator

Post by Gazza »

The Geazy ( home made one) made a drastic increase in mt TDS and cleaned the pond up but i have bad tar...water thats why i run an RO unit