Return of the S.I.M.P.L.E. (Easy) thread

Moderators: B.Scott, vippymini, Gazza, Manky Sanke

co2
Nurse Shark
Nurse Shark

Post by co2 »

And the same to you Scott.
What happened after you scraped half the pond did it reattach?
And out of interest the ph 8-8.4 is that a daily reading or a general reading?
John.
B.Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by B.Scott »

The stuff I scrapped off was justa thin ribbon at the waterline about an inch thick. Where I scrapped it off half the waterline, it has never returned. Where I left it in place it still grows but quite slowly. I have tried several chemical algaecides. These would knock it back but it always returned with a vengence.
I'm sure come spring you will be watching with baited breath to see if those little green hairs stop growing at half an inch or continue into long green strands. :shock:
I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya!
B.Scott
co2
Nurse Shark
Nurse Shark

Post by co2 »

Hi Scott
Mike g who posted on the good affects on blanket answer. Also had another pond with the fine carpet. the blanket answer didn’t touch this.?

The side of the pond where the weed grows is this south facing.?

Lol Scott my weed just continually grew but kept breaking off a filtration nightmare not to mention clarity.
Fingers crossed all round :wink:
Cheers
John
Ps. is it bad etiquette to mention another bb
B.Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by B.Scott »

Bad edicate? Naw, leave a link if you want as long as you aren't head hunting for members.

Thw BW at the waterline was all about the pond. This stuff was never fussy about which direction it grew so it grew everywhere. The south faciing wall had it a bit longer in length, but that's all.
I had the breaking off stage as it died back until the liner was bare after that no worries. Took a long time though. I hope the new stuff is the short kind but we will see come spring. It has stayed short up to now!

B.Scott
co2
Nurse Shark
Nurse Shark

Post by co2 »

Oh you crack me up lol.
Do you measure orp Scott?

So you don’t have weed on the north facing wall.

John.
Good Night.
B.Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by B.Scott »

No orp but I hope to have a tds someday soon.

Yes, BW on the northwall The stuff I scrapped off was half of each wall so I could discount the sunlite effect. Gone don't come back but the rest still remains.
I figure it has something to do with being only partly submerged. Otherwise it should hace croaked with the rest of the BW.
B.Scott
Gazza
architeuthis moderator
architeuthis moderator

Post by Gazza »

Hi scotty,

i bet you will be having some softer water in the pond some day soon as well :wink:

Better get that meter sorted mate :D
B.Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by B.Scott »

You bet Garry
I plan to get my new RO unit set up and running before the month is out. I will be interested to see how much difference it makes. I may have to get a couple of young fish to see if they preform better them those in the old style water did!

B.Scott