RO system query - mechanical

Moderators: B.Scott, vippymini, Gazza, Manky Sanke

Gazza
architeuthis moderator
architeuthis moderator

Post by Gazza »

Sorry guys and apologies to you Maurice i was rushing and cocked up :oops: :oops: :oops:

The product water on the meter provided is around 4
Maurice
Lemon Shark
Lemon Shark
Location: In a Polytunnel, Weston-super-Mare, North Somerset.

Post by Maurice »

Gazza, that sounds purty good.

My theory of your high output has gone out of the window. Your RO must be doing a good job.

Maurice.
Gazza
architeuthis moderator
architeuthis moderator

Post by Gazza »

Hi Maurice,

Thanks for your reply and i am very pleased with the unit as it does seem to deliver good water at a fair rate :D

Its actually a bit quicker today i would think only i left it on flush last night for about three hours so i would think its flushed pretty good :oops: :oops: :roll:
poey
Lemon Shark
Lemon Shark

Post by poey »

hi
been having a few problems of late but hopefully thats all sorted now :? finally got around to ordering the R/O unit this morning(Thursday)so hopefully should arrive soon.
spoke to r/o man about restricting the flow from the units the units are either on or off,so if the full water production of the unit is not need its just a case of running the unit for less hours a day.
for people who need more production from the units he says within the next month or so there will be a 450us gpd unit along the same lines as the 300gpd unit and possibly a 600gpd unit using 150gpd membranes,200gpd membranes respectively.
cheers Dave.
Gazza
architeuthis moderator
architeuthis moderator

Post by Gazza »

Glad to hear its all under control Dave and the way i use mine is by switching it on or off basically.
poey
Lemon Shark
Lemon Shark

Post by poey »

hi
installed the r/o unit yesterday,input water 230tds,output water 1,pond currently running at 260,so the unit seems to be working fine :shock: .
it took 1min20secs to fill a litre jug with r/o water so how do i work out the gpd?is this correct
1.20 divide 60(mins in hour)=50lph
50x24(hrs in day)=1200
1200 divide 4.5(ltrs in gallon)=266gpd?
is this correct?
cheers Dave.
chita
Hammer Head shark
Hammer Head shark

Post by chita »

That's the job done Dave!

And why does everyone else get more from their system than do I?

Chi
poey
Lemon Shark
Lemon Shark

Post by poey »

hi chi
it is slightly less than i figured as 1min 20 secs is equal to 1.33 mins not the 1.2min as i used in the first equation,but it still equals 240gpd I'm more than happy with that :o .
cheers Dave.