Quarantine pond build (UPDATE 2)

Moderators: B.Scott, vippymini, Gazza, Manky Sanke

jason-m
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Post by jason-m »

Hello Bob,
I am waiting for John from Paragon to get back to me, i e-mailed him the sizes last night.
As for tommorow i can't wait, hope to find myself a real beauty to grow and maybe show..
Bob Hart
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Bob Hart »

Looks good Jason and lots of filtration for a 375 gallon pond!
jason-m
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Post by jason-m »

Well bob, have made the decision that it will also be a holding tank while i rebuild my new pond,i was going to upgrade my exisiting pond, but have decided to put the new one outside the back window where the decking is, if i upgrade the existing pond i will need to cut down trees and move a lot more soil, whereas under the decking it is probably already 2 feet below ground level so a good start, also i want to keep an eye on them through the back window... :D
I will be drawing plans up very soon, and have a load of questions, gonna do this one properly.. :lol:
glen
Lemon Shark
Lemon Shark

Post by glen »

Hi
Good job mate, I am just planning mine, was thinking about using G4 rather than glassing, would G4 be OK?
jason-m
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Post by jason-m »

Hi Glen..

Well you have raised a post from the archives... :lol: :lol:

G4 is generally used to seal brickwork around a pond to stop any leaching, but it can be used on render in a pond, i think the method is to use 3 coats, but it can be expensive, which is why i would plump for fibreglass. If its gonna cost a bit to G4 it then the benefits of maybe paying the same or slightly more for fibreglass are vast..

What size QT were you planning on building...?
glen
Lemon Shark
Lemon Shark

Post by glen »

Thanks for reply, will be about 500 galls. Have to admit to preferring fibreglass but expected it to be much more expensive as I will have to get someone in to do it whereas I can do the G4 myself.