Soliciting opinions on KHV screening

Moderators: B.Scott, vippymini, Gazza, Manky Sanke

Do you support the BHP program as described?

Poll ended at Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:32 am

YES
96%
No
4%

Total votes: 25

StuW
Bull Shark
Bull Shark

Post by StuW »

To me bottom line is
DOING SOMETHING IS BETTER THAN DOING NOTHING.
a PARALLEL CAN BE DRAWN WITH GLOBAL WARMING
pOLITICIANS AND SCIENTISTS HAVE BEEN DEBATING THIS ISSUE FOR THE LAST 20 years or soand basically spent all this time sitting on there arses and arguing the minute details rather than the big picture.
The climate is getting screwed up and we are not helping (whether we are responsible or not is a mute point but however you look at it we are not a positive influence on the situation) and now the shit has hit the fan now its a little late and politicians still prevaricate and sit on their backsides. Do we want to be REACTIVE or PROACTIVE..........I know what I want to be I vote yes....something is better than nothing
StuW
Bull Shark
Bull Shark

Post by StuW »

I love it :D :D
I can say arse but not s**t, poop is so much nicer :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Spike
Sandbar shark
Sandbar shark

Thanks to you all

Post by Spike »

KoiQuesteres,

Thanks for the discussion and thanks for the vote of confidence. I gotta tell you that I wish the industry and/or the vet community had stepped up and done this so we wouldn't have to but the facts are the facts and if we want it done it's pretty much the same old story: we do it for ourselves.

In this instance all we can do is bring money and the oversight (management) to get the thing going. But in the end, I think we'll be the better off for it.

A nice aspect of the program is that the BHP we envision will be easily modified to clean up the whole fish (parasites and all) so that maybe we may eventually be able to go to a Certified dealer and get an ENTIRELY CLEAN fish. Wouldn't that be nice? (and, yes I know some do this now, but how many? Certainly not the majority, at least not in the US).

But one step at a time. Let's get the KHV active disease thing under our belts and then see about expanding the program.

Thanks again folks and thanks to Dunc, as always a great personal friend and a good friend of koi.

All the best,
Spike
fisherman
Tiger Shark
Tiger Shark

Post by fisherman »

Hi Spike

I am totally with you so I have voted yes :D
I do not trust the system that the Israeli are taking there is no proof that it works so I will not buy any :arrow: Israeli fish
tomy2ponds
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Post by tomy2ponds »

Hi All I also voted yes 100% any gain in the battle against KHV has to be good.I also think it will push up the price of the Koi we purchase but so be it would you rather be 100% safe (or some ware nearer to it) with the koi you purchase or taking a chance :cry:

IMHO :) LEE
southernsmithy
Nurse Shark
Nurse Shark

Post by southernsmithy »

nice to see many view points on here , we have a strict six week quarantine procedure where we chill and heat ramp twice , i noticed one person says how can we trust the dealers to do this , easy visit them and you will soon see , weeks of condensation and sitting around in t shirts followed by thousands of gallons of water changes and doors and windows left open and big jackets and jumpers , also heres the big clue , look at the website at all the fish that are sold , and make sure they are still on the premises when you visit during the said quaratine procedure . As for PKDA dealers selling fish straight from boxes on arrival , please forward me details and i will follow it through , the pkda can only police the dealers if they are told things like what you have witnessed.

gary
www.gatwickkoi.com