which is the best of my best 3 koi ive posted on the forum.

Moderators: B.Scott, vippymini, Gazza, Manky Sanke

which is the best koi.

no2 the kohaku.
46%
no3 the sanke
10%
no1 showa
44%

Total votes: 52

LCBkoi
Nurse Shark
Nurse Shark

Post by LCBkoi »

i like the kohaku..but i have to say the showa is very nice too, tough ...great looking koi

liam
delboy
Hammer Head shark
Hammer Head shark

Post by delboy »

thanks liam. :wink:
delboy
Hammer Head shark
Hammer Head shark

Post by delboy »

I bowled the kohaku today to take a couple of pictures of her to see if it gives you a better look at her.
Stefan
Lemon Shark
Lemon Shark

Post by Stefan »

She´s a beauty :D
She is the best one of the three you have posted.
The showa have to much sumi for my taste.

Stefan
tomc
Bull Shark
Bull Shark

Post by tomc »

Hi Del

Nice.

I see you've also been tinkering with your filtration as well as adding koi? Adding a bit of "Clarity" ! :lol:

Tom
delboy
Hammer Head shark
Hammer Head shark

Post by delboy »

thanks guys. Photos not as good as she is live. :wink: Also tom best thing i have put on the pond the water the koi 100% better loads of people said waste of money but the best thing Ive bought bye far. You wont no till you have try it.they put it on billy orkley pond over a year ago said it was unreal his koi and water 100%better a few other people also got it but kept it to them selfs.These people only tell you what does not work they don't tell us what works. So i am telling you all it works 100%.
LCBkoi
Nurse Shark
Nurse Shark

Post by LCBkoi »

that doesn't really make it any easier for me to choose the best...she is great!
liam
tomc
Bull Shark
Bull Shark

Post by tomc »

Interesting, Del. I thought it must be "another expensive fad" to be honest. Also I see you can get the unit in black, not that awful grey in the advert (how shallow of me!). Did you get the big or small unit?

It would be interesting if you published your findings on the RK site as that filtration method is somewhat contrary to general findings there (re: DOCs, and management thereof).

Oh, and showa still my favourite! Tom
delboy
Hammer Head shark
Hammer Head shark

Post by delboy »

Tom got the big unit which is sound on my 16'000 gals pond but do agree with you the back one is a lot better than there old one.But it works mate and that what matters.Tom we send hundreds and some times thousands on are koi but i think this is the best thing ive put on my pond in all the time i have kept koi.And i have brought some s--- in the passed.See what you think that how clear the water is and there is the unit.The was clear before but now it like glass.
tomc
Bull Shark
Bull Shark

Post by tomc »

I think we are all jealous of your pond, Del! :D

So what kind of flow are you pumping through it? And where does the water come from? Directly from pond or from pre-mechanically filtered water?

Best, Tom
delboy
Hammer Head shark
Hammer Head shark

Post by delboy »

tom the whole pond goes through evey 1 1/2 hours all 16'000 gals and my filters are beads filter mate.my pond is on this forum mate if you have not seen it before mate it a few down from this post. :wink:
LCBkoi
Nurse Shark
Nurse Shark

Post by LCBkoi »

i agree with tom...i'm very very jealous....great pond. how long did it take to build?
liam
delboy
Hammer Head shark
Hammer Head shark

Post by delboy »

thanks liam.It took 12 weeks mate.
tomc
Bull Shark
Bull Shark

Post by tomc »

Thanks, Del. Yep, seen the pond spec in the other thread. Just interested to know how the clarify unit is actually plumbed into your setup. So all return water goes through it?

Regards, Tom
delboy
Hammer Head shark
Hammer Head shark

Post by delboy »

sorry mate about 2000 gals a hour go througt the unit.I thought you said the whole pond.