Winter Grow On???????

Moderators: B.Scott, vippymini, Gazza, Manky Sanke

Thorny
Tiger Shark
Tiger Shark

Post by Thorny »

Good idea Gazza. I will have some of that. Here is My choice 8 inch Tosai bred by Ogata.
Justin
andyb
Bull Shark
Bull Shark

Post by andyb »

OK Guys & Girls.

So how are we going to do this.

Ideas !!

Limit the number of fish to say 2 or 3, that way some folks with the smaller growing on / Qt tanks can play. :D

Limit the size to say, show size One 25cm maximum. :D

Agree a maximum time, say till spring, around last week in March.

Whilst we can post periodically to let the competitors know ( I luv a geeee up :shock: :shock: )

Would suggest a compulsive post every 7-8 weeks to keep everybody interested,

What you think :wink:

Ohh and please feel free to alter the above as this is purely suggestive
DAV 1
Nurse Shark
Nurse Shark

Post by DAV 1 »

hi all, how we starting this :?: .are we all posting a pic of the fish on a cert date.
cheers andy
Taggy
Hammer Head shark
Hammer Head shark

Post by Taggy »

Like what you are saying Andy,

What about a fixed post on the board so it doesnt move at all,like a gallery of how they were when bought.???

We have time on our side so people can go and but etc!!!

Maybee start at end of September then there is loads of time for people to get there koi/set up ready (Me included).

Apart from that looks good to me,who's going to be in charge :o

Graham
andyb
Bull Shark
Bull Shark

Post by andyb »

As its Gazza's idea GAZZA :D

( we have to make sure he wants to of course )

If not TAGGY :D

Can't be me I am far to blunt. :?

Just imagine the situation, little Johnny spends all his pocket money on a baby chagoi, aaaaaaaaaaaaaah. :D :D :D :D

Chagoi grows into three eyed monster with 27 1/2 shimmies, well am I the type of chap to put my arm round little Johnny and never mind :? it's still a nice three eyed chagoi. :shock: :( :(

NO I'm the type of chap that going to tell him, ITS CRAP, :shock: :shock: :shock: chuck in on the grass, stop crying and move on :)

Not unless you sadistic lot want some straight albeit humoured talking, :evil: it would give you something to debate over the cold winter months anyway.

Regards

Andy
Gazza
architeuthis moderator
architeuthis moderator

Post by Gazza »

Hi Andy,

Some good points but remember its for fun :wink: for a laugh :wink: but i suppose we will have to do something :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I will set up a post soon so we can all add the fish i think as you say one or two fish will do or it will get complicated and yes it would be good to do smaller fish so we can all have a go :D

I also think its a good idea to do the regular posts on how there doing as it keeps us all interested and we can learn by how they are coming along and if they are as we expected.

As for the talking straight looks like my old mutts are going to get shot down.. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I better get out and try and find me a little fish to grow on :shock:
Taggy
Hammer Head shark
Hammer Head shark

Post by Taggy »

Best to buy in 2's isnt it Gazza,wouldnt want it to get lonely (any excuse)

Rekon you need to oust a couple you have been growing on in-to your main pool????

as im a newbie to all this optimum growing temp & best food to feed anyone with any ideas.???

Graham
Gazza
architeuthis moderator
architeuthis moderator

Post by Gazza »

Hi Graham,

Yes i think at this rate i will be overstocked as i was going to move some on this year but not got round to it :?

Temp well its a difficult one as it costs money but i suppose its over 20c,food the best you can get i have been using the Cuttlebrook Koi food for ages now and its great stuff the fish seem to love it and not much waste (ill post a couple of pics when i get time so you can tell me if they grow).

The other thing to remember is good filtration,clean water and plenty of air....Job done big fish in a year lol :lol: :wink:
passionateaboutkoi
Lemon Shark
Lemon Shark

Post by passionateaboutkoi »

sounds like fun . i ll go with these two both about 4 inch.ill take some better pics soon .
Taggy
Hammer Head shark
Hammer Head shark

Post by Taggy »

Well i have had a pond morning bowling and looking for a couple to grow on.i think i have 2 but was looking at these in the bowl do you think they are to big.Im undecided now on what to grow on Decision's Decision's

[img]http://www.koivista.com/files/Taggy/30301_bowl_of_small.JPG[/img]

Graham
macaws fly
Nurse Shark
Nurse Shark

Post by macaws fly »

well questers i think we should keep the koi to 4 inches and under for the grow-on over winter..
the one i've chosen is a whopping one and a half inches long. wen i get round to it i'll get a photo of it...
Taggy
Hammer Head shark
Hammer Head shark

Post by Taggy »

Thats fine be me,any excuse to buy a couple more!!!!!!!!!!!

Graham
James Pond
Lemon Shark
Lemon Shark

Post by James Pond »

What about making the deadline middle of october, say just after the Cuttlebrook autumn harvest day? (as I won't have any to grow on until then :lol: )
Gazza
architeuthis moderator
architeuthis moderator

Post by Gazza »

Hi Guys,

As has been said there will be no hard and fast rules otherwise we will end up having a Kohaku grow out from 2" or something its for fun and is a winter grow on so we still have some time left to get a little fish......i must get one soon lol.

So no mater if you have you're fish now or are getting one at a event soon DON'T PANIC its all fore fun and to watch some koi development :D

There will be a couple of rules and one is defiantly YOU MUST GIVE THE DETAILS AND PICTURES AS WE GO ALONG OR YOUR OUT :!:

Otherwise well have nothing to look at :lol: :wink:
Thorny
Tiger Shark
Tiger Shark

Post by Thorny »

Come on then Gazza, When does this start and what size Koi are we to use?
Justin
Sorry Gaz You must of posted Yours as I was writting this.