THE START OF MY Q.T

Moderators: B.Scott, vippymini, Gazza, Manky Sanke

Gazza
architeuthis moderator
architeuthis moderator

Post by Gazza »

Hi Dan,

So what you been doing all this time mate where is the water and all the other goodies :wink:
dannyboy
Black Tip Reef Shark
Black Tip Reef Shark

Post by dannyboy »

Hi,
Like to say ive been busy but that would be a LIE,
No ive needed to focus some time else where for a while but i think im back on track now :lol:
A few pics of new filter , bargin :? couldnt let it pass little to juicy mind, dont think that will be on for long :?

http://www.koivista.com/display_series.php? ... =0&id=256l
Bob Hart
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Bob Hart »

Bargain filter and a forune in watts!
dannyboy
Black Tip Reef Shark
Black Tip Reef Shark

Post by dannyboy »

Bob,

Trust me that pump wont probably go on :twisted:

DAN
dannyboy
Black Tip Reef Shark
Black Tip Reef Shark

Post by dannyboy »

Hi,
Been a while i know but its finally got water in :lol: :lol:
The story as follows, Aquadyne 1.1 was put on main pond for about 2 months now i suppose(2nd hand)just to keep the beads mature ,

Pond was then filled using metered/purifered water to obtain gallonage (1000 gallons), water in qt after filling was 11c so was left full with medo 45 bubbling away, temps slowy started to rise, upto about 16c, put the air line on rad which then took temp upto about 19c :D (room stat runs at 22c ).

After water upto 20c i then pumped roughly 500 galls into main pond then pumped 500 galls back, ( done this 4 times ), i then took the aquadyne1.1 off and plumed it into qt, this was done as fast as possible :lol: .

Qt pump then turned on and in therory it should be seeing the same water as it had been for the last couple of months IE no NPS/matureing to do , oh yeah ,a few mutts also thrown in :P .
The pump im using is my old wave 1 which is using 270 watts and is flowing 2700 gph (bucket tested).
So far all is working , no leaks & the fish seem fine and water prams are the same as main pond :lol: :lol:

The qt also holds 20c whilist the room stat holds 22c so working as i hoped and none of that dam condinsation :P :P

Just need some growers now :roll: :roll:

http://www.koivista.com/display_series.php? ... =0&id=256l
Gazza
architeuthis moderator
architeuthis moderator

Post by Gazza »

Hi Danny,

great news i suppose not bad for a fast build lol

Seriously thats a great size system with lots space so you will be getting some nice fish growing on in there....next questions is....

What are you going to grow on :?: :?: :?: :?:
jason-m
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Post by jason-m »

You mention condensation Dan ( or the lack of it ) I used to get loads, so much that i had to leave the door open which in turn meant that i was using more electric on the heater.... :evil:
when i join my QT up to the filter house i am going to add some sort of extraction this time... :wink:
dannyboy
Black Tip Reef Shark
Black Tip Reef Shark

Post by dannyboy »

Gazza,

not sure yet mate :roll: i,ll leave the mutts in for a while then sort work out & then have a look at a few :lol: :lol: :lol:
B.Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by B.Scott »

Jason,
I used to have the walls of my shed dripping when the QT was running. Now I have made a little tent of transparent plastic that I drape over the top. This is hooked up to a tiny 5 watt extractor fan which blows the air outside. Now none of the vapour gets into the room as the tent is under negitive pressure. Everything stays dry as a bone (unless I forget to shut off the water and flood the floor... again :( )
The plasic tent is just pulled aside like a cutain and takes just a couple of minutes to make.

B.Scott
James Pond
Lemon Shark
Lemon Shark

Post by James Pond »

B.Scott wrote:Jason,
I used to have the walls of my shed dripping when the QT was running. Now I have made a little tent of transparent plastic that I drape over the top. This is hooked up to a tiny 5 watt extractor fan which blows the air outside. Now none of the vapour gets into the room as the tent is under negitive pressure. Everything stays dry as a bone (unless I forget to shut off the water and flood the floor... again :( )
The plasic tent is just pulled aside like a cutain and takes just a couple of minutes to make.

B.Scott
Sounds just what I need, my shed gets soaking and I have to leave a window open, good job it's a brick shed really, if it was wooden it would have rotted by now!
tomc
Bull Shark
Bull Shark

Post by tomc »

Heh Danny.... looking. Now just get that Internet connection in there, satellite feed, and a sofa and you'll have a ready made retreat. :wink: Tom
dannyboy
Black Tip Reef Shark
Black Tip Reef Shark

Post by dannyboy »

jason-m wrote:You mention condensation Dan ( or the lack of it ) I used to get loads, so much that i had to leave the door open which in turn meant that i was using more electric on the heater.... :evil:
when i join my QT up to the filter house i am going to add some sort of extraction this time... :wink:
Jason,

I seem to of read that if the air temp is 2c warmer than the water temp then there will be no issue with condensation,
Its deffo working as i have none at all :lol: :lol:
Gazza
architeuthis moderator
architeuthis moderator

Post by Gazza »

Could this me to do with the Due-Point :? :wink:
dannyboy
Black Tip Reef Shark
Black Tip Reef Shark

Post by dannyboy »

Gazza wrote:Could this me to do with the Due-Point :? :wink:

:?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
B.Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by B.Scott »

Dany,
Gaz is suffering from alcohol induced dyslexia from last night. What he meant to write was Dew-point
This is the temperature at which a given saturation of water vapour in a body of air will condense at a constant air pressure. Like droplets that form on a cold glass of beer.

In other words if you have a warm room with a QT in it along with moist air, the cold outer wall of the room and window pane it contains are going to start getting quite wet allowing us to breed spontaneous mushrooms in a short space of time! :D

B.Scott