Post by red koi »

All looking very good Andy.

Regards
AMIR
Bob Hart
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Bob Hart »

Nice one Andy, on the home run now then.
Jules
architeuthis moderator
architeuthis moderator

Post by Jules »

Send me the sizes and I will see what I can do.

Jules
Gazza
architeuthis moderator
architeuthis moderator

Post by Gazza »

Hi Andy,

Hows things going mate did you get your glass sorted and some water in :?: :?:

Hope all is well and did the fish look OK on your last visit or shall i give them some more food to bulk em up a bit :?: :wink:
Andy E
Nurse Shark
Nurse Shark

Post by Andy E »

Hi Gazza,

Glass is the thing holding me up a bit t the moment. Spoke to Watsons again today and they have now said that it should be ready a week today.
Then I've got to arrrange to gt up their to get it as thy want £250 delivery :shock: :shock:
I've half filled the pond to just below the window (didn't measure volume as i'm gonna have to drain it gain anyway) so as to keep the water from lifting the f/glass. Spoken to a second sparky to ty to get the electrics sorted and have bought a 4" hole cutter to attack the filters with. If only the weather was better and lighter I ould hav this done in no time!!

Will keep you posted as I get more done.

On the fish front they look great! a little on the thin side may be :wink: The volume they have put on is fantastic and as mentioned before I can't thank you and bob enough for lookng after them for the past few months.

Cheers,
Andy
Gazza
architeuthis moderator
architeuthis moderator

Post by Gazza »

Hi Andy,

Blooming sparks they are a bloody pain to get a good one :roll: OK mate sounds like you have things under control :wink:
Andy E
Nurse Shark
Nurse Shark

Post by Andy E »

Hi all,

Good day on the pond today. Donned the wet suit and got the window in, man that took a lot of Sealant!! Have the pond filled most of the way up and it's holding up well. Pitty i'm gona have to empty it and re-fill as the weather has mucked up my volume measureing.
Just the filters and the electrics to go now. Hopefully i'll get most of the electrics done this weekend, then it's just the filters to go.

Anyway better get off now as I have a plane to catch in the morning.

Andy
Gazza
architeuthis moderator
architeuthis moderator

Post by Gazza »

Hi Andy,

Well you are getting there mate but if you keep jetting off you'll never get it done.....only joking mate and have a safe one :wink:
Andy E
Nurse Shark
Nurse Shark

Post by Andy E »

Gazza, taken next monday off as well to try to really push forward with the pond. May even have a go at a bit of glassing if I get the electrics done.

How do you stop the k1 from going from chamber to chamber with your dual port set up mate?

Andy
Gazza
architeuthis moderator
architeuthis moderator

Post by Gazza »

Sounds like you have it all under control mate :D

I use filter grid mate and stick it in using Den Braven or Gold Labels sealants.
Andy E
Nurse Shark
Nurse Shark

Post by Andy E »

Hi all,

Well i've been working on the pond as and when I can and have recently taken a couple of days off to try to speed things along a little.
Got the window in at last, it involved a very large amount of sealant and a wet suit and hell was it cold!!

Started getting things ready for the electrics to be fitted, mounted the boxes and drilled the holes from the garage to the pond so now just have to run the cable. Also started modifiying the filters to fit into a different formation.

Here's a few pics of how things look now.

All the best,

Andy
Attachments
22-1-07e.jpg
22-1-07e.jpg (23.18 KiB) Viewed 24505 times
22-1-07b.jpg
22-1-07b.jpg (23.13 KiB) Viewed 24505 times
22-1-07c.jpg
22-1-07c.jpg (32.03 KiB) Viewed 24505 times
Bob Hart
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Bob Hart »

Looking good Andy.

So is the pond full to capacity now then? How many gallons did it take to fill it?
Andy E
Nurse Shark
Nurse Shark

Post by Andy E »

Hi Bob,

Unfortunatly i'm going to have to drain the pond and refill to find out the true volume, as the rain put a good 6 to 8" in and wrecked my calculations. I hope to start the draining down and re-filling this weekend along with a load more jobs.

Andy
fisherman
Tiger Shark
Tiger Shark

Post by fisherman »

Hi Andy
Looking at your filter bay I see that you have your consumer unit there I know that you will be covering it would it not be better off in your garage and have a water proof switch box in your filter bay