Build update...

Moderators: B.Scott, vippymini, Gazza, Manky Sanke

tomy2ponds
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Post by tomy2ponds »

Hi Andy I'm not sure where you live but i got my glass from Solar-glass Kingston upon Thames surrey it did take two weeks though, its 24 mm laminated,I have looked but cant find there phone number sorry /LEE
Gazza
architeuthis moderator
architeuthis moderator

Post by Gazza »

Did you get it all sorted Andy??
Andy E
Nurse Shark
Nurse Shark

Post by Andy E »

Hi there,

I've re-rendered the base and coated it with self leveling compound as dave a suggested. This weekends I filled some of the bad spots on the walls. It's now ready to go. I've just get to wait for dave to get back off his travels and then the glassing can be done.

Andy
Gazza
architeuthis moderator
architeuthis moderator

Post by Gazza »

Good news Andy it looks like you getting back on track mate :D

Did the pictures of the filters help you to see and have you decided what you are going to do with them yet :?: :?:
Bob Hart
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Bob Hart »

Good news Andy, I'll let them know :lol:

Was going to ask a similar question to Gazza, have you decided how the filters will fit together and how they 'work' yet? Will Dave A be fitting them together when he's doing the pond?
Andy E
Nurse Shark
Nurse Shark

Post by Andy E »

Hi there,

I'm going to arrange the filters in an L formation the inlet is nearest the pond in the pictures below. 4" inlet will go into the side of the first, then through all units dual 4" pipe through to the outlet. The outlet will be moved from where it is in the pictures 90 degs. to the side of the last bay. This will then be pumped back to the far end of the pond via seq. 750 long run but on 2" any bends will be swept so should be ok. I will get the first chamber converted to have an Aeasy (similar to a Geasy just a letter different :wink: )

I'm not sure if Dave will be able to get it all done in a day but hopefully. I will be attacking the filters when I manage to pick up a 4" hole cutter so will have them cut ready for glassing. Then it's just getting the electrics in, anyone out there Part P qualified??

Andy
Attachments
filter2.jpg
filter2.jpg (47.07 KiB) Viewed 26753 times
filter1.jpg
filter1.jpg (44.46 KiB) Viewed 26753 times
Gazza
architeuthis moderator
architeuthis moderator

Post by Gazza »

Hi Andy,

Looks like you've got it sorted mate,if you haven't got a hole cutter what about a jigsaw and just take it easy and then file it if needed :?:

Have you got any electrics in the garage already so you could just plug into it :?: :?:
dave a
Nurse Shark
Nurse Shark

Post by dave a »

Andy
I have a hole cutter if we glass your pool at a weekend you can do the necessary to the filters while I am doing the pool, will probally be at yours for 2 days anyway due to clocks changing and daylight hours so we should be able to fit it all in mate, will bell ya when I return from JAPAN :D
Andy E
Nurse Shark
Nurse Shark

Post by Andy E »

What can I say..

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Andy
Attachments
glassing4.jpg
glassing4.jpg (20.17 KiB) Viewed 26582 times
glassing5.jpg
glassing5.jpg (17.95 KiB) Viewed 26582 times
glassing1.jpg
glassing1.jpg (36.53 KiB) Viewed 26582 times
Gazza
architeuthis moderator
architeuthis moderator

Post by Gazza »

Hi Andy,

That looks nice and clean all we need now is some glass and water and its job done :D

Hows it going with the filtration mate are you just waiting on the window now :?:
Andy E
Nurse Shark
Nurse Shark

Post by Andy E »

I'm ordering the window tomorrow and they have said that it will take around 2 weeks. I've been warned that they are not the quickest and that I will have to badger them (no problem with that)..
In this time I need to get the filters altered and the electrics connected, still plenty to do but my gosh having the glassing done really makes you feel like you are getting somewhere.

Andy
Jules
architeuthis moderator
architeuthis moderator

Post by Jules »

I use a company back home who cut it while I wait. I did post the details on here a few weeks back.

Jules
Andy E
Nurse Shark
Nurse Shark

Post by Andy E »

Will have a dig for those details, cheers Jules.
If you find them first please PM them if you get the chance.

Cheers,
Andy
Jules
architeuthis moderator
architeuthis moderator

Post by Jules »

Where do you live now Andy?

Jules
jason-m
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Post by jason-m »

Well done Andy, i ain't even gonna consider rendering mine til the weather changes.... :wink: