[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Simply Koi and More Koi • View topic - Shade Sails

Shade Sails

Moderators: B.Scott, vippymini, Gazza, Manky Sanke

Shade Sails

Postby Guy P » Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:25 am

I did post this a couple of weeks ago but the post got lost with the problems. Well Ive changed them now anyway. Had to go for 10ft posts cut down to 9ft with 2ft in the ground. Its amazing how much tention they put on the posts. Anyway they seem to be making a difference with my PH gradually but time will tell

Sell my Koi? I'd rather beat myself to death.......with my own shoe
Guy P
Black Tip Reef Shark
Black Tip Reef Shark

Postby MOSSY » Tue Jun 06, 2006 4:10 pm

looking good. what effect has it had on your PH? anything else?

i am putting a shade sail up at some stage. i think i need mine making unfortunately and the last time i enquired there wa a four month waiting list.

i have seen a couple similar to yours now so i think i will get the tape measure out and see if i can fit a couple of triangles in. i thought the idea may look odd but it does look good.

carl.
MOSSY
Sandbar shark
Sandbar shark

Postby Gazza » Tue Jun 06, 2006 6:12 pm

Hi Guys,

Where did you get them as there was a firm local to me somewhere but Ive lost the info as i was looking at putting these around the side for controlling shading :?: :?: :?:
Not The Gazza From E-Bay

Regards,

Gazza
Gazza
architeuthis moderator
architeuthis moderator

Postby dho » Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:55 pm

Hi Gazza,

I bought a 5m sail from this guy a couple weeks back. I notice this one (3.6m) is still a cheap as chips. The only draw back for it is the colour. I must add that I haven't open the box yet to check out the quality of it yet. Will do so tomorrow morning.

David.
dho
Hammer Head shark
Hammer Head shark

Postby Guy P » Wed Jun 07, 2006 9:11 am

Hi Chaps

I bought mine from . they also do square ones aswell which would give a little more shade.

10 year guarantee! don't know what others have. It cost all in all about £180 which isnt bad really when compared to a pergolla. I would go the pergolla route but we may move shortly so it wouldnt make sense.

Carl, the ph has been gradually creeping down since I installed them. Now whether this is due to the sails or the weed growth down from kusuri stuff I dont know but the pond was in full sun all day and PH was 9.0 late afternoon. Now it tops at 8.6ish
Guy P
Black Tip Reef Shark
Black Tip Reef Shark

Postby jason-m » Wed Jun 07, 2006 9:27 am

I think they look great, i hope i can incorporate them somehow myself.
Not the bloke from the Argonauts
jason-m
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Postby Guy P » Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:24 am

Cheers Jason

heres another pic of my muts enjoying them and a few nicer ones aswell :D

Guy P
Black Tip Reef Shark
Black Tip Reef Shark

Postby Gazza » Wed Jun 07, 2006 3:41 pm

Cheers guys,

I only wish i could remember the name of the place which is literally a few miles up the road :?
Not The Gazza From E-Bay

Regards,

Gazza
Gazza
architeuthis moderator
architeuthis moderator

Postby Chagoiboy » Wed Jun 07, 2006 5:32 pm

Chagoiboy
Nurse Shark
Nurse Shark

Postby Guy P » Wed Jun 07, 2006 8:29 pm

ooops and Im in I.T. aswell :roll: :roll:

cheers for pointing that out
Guy P
Black Tip Reef Shark
Black Tip Reef Shark

Postby dho » Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:42 pm

Hi Guy,

Don't worry we don't expect IT guys to be perfect. Far from it. :D

Just checked out my shade sails, the cheap one off eBay, the material seems almost nylon sack like! Is your like that or is it better quality? Not that quality matters too much in my case as long as they last a couple of years, I only using mine to hide the polycarb roof from the wife as she hates it.

Regards,

David.
dho
Hammer Head shark
Hammer Head shark

Postby Guy P » Thu Jun 08, 2006 8:58 am

Hi David

yes its the same stuff mate. My immediate reaction when I opened the boxes, expecting some sort of material, was oh god I hope the look okay and stand up to the weather we get hurled at us here.

On further inspection you realise just how strong and durable they are. If you look at the post on the left you can see it is bending under the tention.

Time will tell just how well they stand up to it but I can't see any problems
Guy P
Black Tip Reef Shark
Black Tip Reef Shark

Postby sharpy30 » Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:04 am

the sails look very nice :lol:

i would have like to put them up but they would'nt last 5 minutes.
its all open where i am so they would get battered by the wind.

but they do look nice

cheers dave
sharpy30
Nurse Shark
Nurse Shark

Postby Guy P » Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:25 am

Thanks Dave

Ive worried a bit about this. It says on the warning label on the sails to take them down in high winds. By this I think they mean really strong winds. However in that crap weather we had the winds were quite strong and they stood up to it.

Im not too bad where we are but if your in a very open area with high winds then I think your right.
Guy P
Black Tip Reef Shark
Black Tip Reef Shark

Postby chita » Wed Jun 14, 2006 8:46 pm

A novel solution to the problem, and certainly very sensible if you're thinking of moving. The koi will love you for getting the PH down from 9!

I'm currently trying to implement the last round of improvements to the pond before selling the house at the end of the year, just in case I find a buyer who's interested in the pond, at least it will be easy for them if everything is top notch.

If not I will have to sell the koi and kit and fill it in, not a task I'm relishing after all my efforts but such is life.

Chi
Koi, like wives and children require deep pockets
chita
Hammer Head shark
Hammer Head shark

Next

Return to Historic posts read only