Moderators: B.Scott, vippymini, Gazza, Manky Sanke

dho
Hammer Head shark
Hammer Head shark

Post by dho »

Bob,

Sunbrunt?

It wasn't even hot last weekend? You English people?! :lol:

I have never managed to get sunburnt in this country yet. Now Borneo is another matter. Managed to get sunburnt with half and hour of sun in the evening and half an hour of sun mid morning. I think I even had SP35 sun block on! :shock:

If you are working on the rebuild this Saturday, wouldn't mind poping over as I am going to be at KWC farily early in the morning. Can't promise much help though, maybe I can hold the bolly to shade the workers.

David.
Bob Hart
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Bob Hart »

I'm unable to contact my fibreglasser, so just like that winning England football team it's plan B (no not Peter Crouch!)

The guy who originally glassed my pond and the re-benching job a few years back, now owns the fibreglassing company so doesnt do ponds anymore. He lives quite near so I've been out and bought all the materials I need from him. I've watched a few ponds being glassed over the years and I ran through what I was going to do with this guy and he said I was spot on.

25% done already, just come in for a coffee!
macaws fly
Nurse Shark
Nurse Shark

Post by macaws fly »

good for you Bob, well have you doing the odd pond here and there.LOLOL

you certainly picked a cracking day for glassing. just don't put too much catalyst in with the resin or youll look away and when you look back youll have a solid block of resin with a brush sticking out..-
MOSSY
Sandbar shark
Sandbar shark

Post by MOSSY »

good on you Bob,

hope it goes ok.

carl.
Bob Hart
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Bob Hart »

I've got the slow curing catalyst Mark, so no problems there.

75% done now, come in to rest my 'chest'! I'm laying down glassing down into a hole, with loads of pipes in there and my chest hurts like crazy and I've a headache. Fiddely but satisfying!
B.Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by B.Scott »

The money you save doing it yourself should be allocated toward the pond (newfish?) seeing as it's already in the budget.

B.Scott
Gazza
architeuthis moderator
architeuthis moderator

Post by Gazza »

Hi Bob,

Glad to see you've got it all in hand an i am sure you will do a sterling job and this will mean the filters will hopefully be on line very soon and i am sure the fish will appreciate that :D
Bob Hart
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Bob Hart »

Scotty - good call!

Gazza - I've booked Svenny to come tomorrow after work to remove the bungs and to refit the bottom drain lids. So tomorrow evening the filter will be back on line again.

I've got to make and fit a new Vortex cone at a later date though, plus deal with the Easy thingy yet! Will start the template for the cone later in the week.
gazza1
Sandbar shark
Sandbar shark

Post by gazza1 »

Hi Bob
I dont know you but have read a lot of your posts on here and other forums and the way you are always willing to offer firat class advice and help.
Any way plod on mate and I am sure you will do a top notch job.
Gary
Gazza
architeuthis moderator
architeuthis moderator

Post by Gazza »

Hi Dave,

I would hardly think solicitor's are needed Dave as i am sure like most of us Bob would also be wishing you well and hoping that you are on the road to recovery.

So i hope your are well and by the sounds of it will be taking it easy for a while,i know you had a hernia trouble but i thought that was just from picking up your wallet mate :D :wink:

Best wishes mate and a speedy recovery :!:
dave a
Nurse Shark
Nurse Shark

thanks Gazza

Post by dave a »

Cheers Gazza,
Dehydration is not pleasant, comes from working under a tent in hot sunshine,

As for the solicitor depends if Bob is man enough to apoligise
Gazza
architeuthis moderator
architeuthis moderator

Post by Gazza »

Dehydration :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: more like a coffee attack the amount you drink :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

So did you just over do it then.....as i have told you before you need to slow down you getting on now mate i thought that was part of the early retirement :roll: :wink:
Bob Hart
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Bob Hart »

Hiya Dave,

Well I'm glad you are OK now, obviously didnt realise you had a problem and dehydration must be very uncomfortable.

I know you love threatening with solicitors every time someone upsets you, I'm sorry you were ill, but see it from my perspective.

I've been contacting you since last week after you sent me a PM on Wednesday saying you couldnt come on the arranged date of Wednesday this week. I've left loads of messages on your mobile and home number during the last week, plus emails and PM's asking when you could come, the first and only reply by email being Sunday eve, where you said you'd ring on Monday. By then the filter was off-line, holes everywhere and still you hadent said when and if you were coming. I know you are busy, but surely a phone call to discuss would have been far more appropriatte. All I wanted to know was when and if you were coming and then I could plan around that. Unfortunatly Dave I got the impression long before Monday that you were ignoring me. I'm sorry you were taken ill on Monday Dave and if you feel that what I've said is grounds for using a solicitor, then feel free, but please dont threaten me, just see the last week from my perspective.

Glassing is 95% done now, just a couple of bits to do, then the flowcoat.
Bob Hart
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Bob Hart »

Myself and Dave have had a good natter and cleared the air.

Dave is right he didnt let me down, as we hadent agred a new date. Letting me down would have meant he hadent turned up, which was not the case.

His dehydration problem and being ambulanced to hospital on Monday evening meant he wasnt able to contact me to say what he was trying to arrange. I wrote that he had let me down, which is just random words chosen and typed out - the wrong words. I've updated that post, hope everyone understands the reasons why.

I then panic'd concerned that the job wasnt going to get done. So decided to do it myself. (This glassing lark is dead easy really, dont what Dave gets all excited about - LOL)

Dave - Hope you are happy with this apology, it was good to get you laughing at the end and enjoy your week of rest. You'll be climbing up the wall in no time!
dho
Hammer Head shark
Hammer Head shark

Post by dho »

Nice to see things all turned out OK in the end. It is just a series of unfortunate events. No harm done. The power of the moderator! You can even change history! :shock:

Nothing much to fibreglassing at all, but I definitely wouldn't like to do it in this weather nor in a very confined space. Bob, you should have said you were going to do it yourself as I have all the equipment, including the resin and the CSM. I even have a gas mask that you can borrow.