Ted's Pond upgrade

Moderators: B.Scott, vippymini, Gazza, Manky Sanke

Gazza
architeuthis moderator
architeuthis moderator

Post by Gazza »

Hi Paul,

If a fish is going to flick or flash it will do and can make just as much damage on a flat wall from a good old bang on the side :shock: I too cant see any problem with Ted's pond as i very much doubt the fish will try to flash on the sloping part just the flat wall and i think we all know if there going to do it its usually on the bottom drain :roll:
dave a
Nurse Shark
Nurse Shark

sloping sides

Post by dave a »

There is no problem with the sloping sides in a pond at all its very rare that fish flick off a wall whether straight or angled,
paul1968uk
Sandbar shark
Sandbar shark

Post by paul1968uk »

Totally disagrea
fatherted
Black Tip Reef Shark
Black Tip Reef Shark

Post by fatherted »

Well it is how it is and I am afraid that's that. Anyone following this whole thread will understand why it ended up with the shelves and I am sure would have done the same.

As a recap, two sides have existing foundations for the existing wall and cutting back these footings and underpinning with new brickwork with no overlap would have weakened it to the point I wouldn't have slept at night. I accepted shelves here from the start.

The shelves on the back walls came about due to the great collapse due to torrential rain. This was after the slab had been poured. We had to dig it all out into an extra skip and decided that whilst not ideal we would rather have the extra gallons and surface area than buy tons of soil to backfill it all with.

Anyway, it wasn't planned this way but circumstances have left us with what you see and we are very happy :D Sometimes things just happen and we don't all have a blank flat bit of land to start with.
kitsu
Sandbar shark
Sandbar shark

Post by kitsu »

Hi Ted,

I have been following the thread, and have seen first hand the work put in, and know all about the 'landslide'!

The pond looks great - those shelfs WILL NOT be a problem, we all have differing opinions, some people dont appreciate the hard work people put into things, and spend most of their life knocking you down.

Cant wait for pond build no.6... :lol:

Chris
paul1968uk
Sandbar shark
Sandbar shark

Post by paul1968uk »

Chris i hope thats not sent towards me buddy
Gazza
architeuthis moderator
architeuthis moderator

Post by Gazza »

Paul,

This is a friendly forum and Chris is just giving his opinion as have the others.

We all have ways to do things and thats what makes Koi keeping a great hobby as there are so many different ways to do things :!: