PP + HP how many times

Moderators: B.Scott, vippymini, Gazza, Manky Sanke

weldec
Lemon Shark
Lemon Shark

Post by weldec »

Hi Chita,

Appologies if you lost any sleep over me and my ignorance not useing the ORP/ Redox meter.

Pond is heated at 13.2c.
Koi are very active and feeding well.
I'am still getting the odd one flash now and then, have just done a scrape on two koi and found one solitary body fluke.
Will do another scrape in the week if things dont settle down.

Do you think I'am in the Danger barrier with the temp at 13c, had thought of going up to 15c.
Gazza
architeuthis moderator
architeuthis moderator

Post by Gazza »

Hi Billy,

Sounds like you've been busy with the new scope :D the 13c is down on the low side IMO but i would keep an eye on it and see what comes along as they still may be a bit of sorts from the EA stuff and the treatments.

How many times did you PP??
weldec
Lemon Shark
Lemon Shark

Post by weldec »

Hi Gazza,

Been thinking of cranking the temp up a bit gradually to 15c.

There may be some fact in what you say regarding the blanket weed treatment. Fantastic scope really pleased with it practice makes perfect.

If you read this Dave (poey) good scope bargin price, if you want to borrow you certainly can mate.
chita
Hammer Head shark
Hammer Head shark

Post by chita »

Hi Billy, yes I'd consider 13c a little low under the circumstances, but not dangerous, I would though prefer a minimum of 15c when treating, highe rif poss. Though in truth the temp will not affect the treatment you administered nor the efficiency re the flukes.

If you could keep the ORP at around 375 to 400 for a couple of weeks that would be the ultimate and should see off any remaining parasites.

You will find that koi flash a little simply due to the treatments we add, and continue to do so as a result of ongoing changes in the water during such periods.

Chi
weldec
Lemon Shark
Lemon Shark

Post by weldec »

Chita,

Again your reply installs confidence in my ability to perfect the art of Koi keeping.

Will raise temps to 15c gradually. Fasinating looking through the slides at the mucus.

Are the slides/covers re-usable if so what would you wash them in boiling water. Not a tight a**e but if I can save them all the better.