bead malfunction

Post all Pond construction Topics here including DIY bits and pieces

Moderators: B.Scott, vippymini, Gazza, Manky Sanke

dizzykoi
Lemon Shark
Lemon Shark

bead malfunction

Post by dizzykoi »

I am running an EB60 for some reason best known to its self it has started to loose me water when on 500gall in a breath I am being told its the multi valve any body know or had similar problems??
Manky Sanke
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: bead malfunction

Post by Manky Sanke »

It's likely that it's leaking to waste through the multiport. Undo the union leading from the waste port and see if there's water coming out of it. If it is leaking let me know and I'll tell you what to do next to make a proper repair but there's a quick temporary fix.

Using some liner material or some thin plastic from something like a food bucket lid, cut out a disk that is large enough to cover the whole sealing area then screw the union back up with the disk inside. You don't need any sealant, the "O" ring will be sufficient and the disk will prevent any more leakage until you can permanently repair the multiport.
dizzykoi
Lemon Shark
Lemon Shark

Post by dizzykoi »

thanks for that sid but my wife has suprized me by buying me a new multiport
Manky Sanke
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Manky Sanke »

I don't suppose there's any chance that she could return it and exchange it for something else you might want because the repair I was talking about consists mainly of replacing a gasket at well under £20 and isn't complicated if you know how. It might even just need cleaning or a bead or piece of grit removing which wouldn't cost anything.

I leave the diplomacy to you. Ask again if you decide to repair the multiport.