Moderators: B.Scott, vippymini, Gazza, Manky Sanke

Shamus
Sandbar shark
Sandbar shark

Sieve and Bakki

Post by Shamus »

Hi all
Hope everyone is okay
just sold my nexus of my skimmer and want another filter to go in its place.was thinking of sieve and Bakki.
Pond is 4700g have a nexus 200 on bottom drain was thinking of moving nex of drain and putting it on the skimmer and putting the other onto my bottom drain.
Or would a sieve and bead be better.
Cheers
B.Scott
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Sieve and Bakki

Post by B.Scott »

Hi Shamus, sorry for the late reply.
I agree with your choice of bottom drain to the the bakki filter and the nexsus on the skimmer. The reason is that you want a high level flow in the bakki shower and that will not be possible on the skimmer unless it happens to be a couple of feet wide of course. Bead filters? I hate em! They need huge powerful pumps and at the end of the day are nothing more than crap traps. IF I was forced to use a bead filter the first thing I would do would be toss out the beads and replace them with kaldness. This would effectively turn the bead filter into a static kaldness filter. This would allow you to use a less powerful pump as well. In such a case I would however then put the bead filter on the skimmer and the nexus on the bottom drain.

B.Scott
Shamus
Sandbar shark
Sandbar shark

Re: Sieve and Bakki

Post by Shamus »

Cheers Scott
Will have to look into getting a sand filter and converting that for K1.
Just looking out for a bakki don't need media got 200L of crystal Bio in shed not doing anything.
Cheers
Shane