cloverleaf cl2 water level

Post all Pond construction Topics here including DIY bits and pieces

Moderators: B.Scott, vippymini, Gazza, Manky Sanke

larky tom
Sandbar shark
Sandbar shark

cloverleaf cl2 water level

Post by larky tom »

Hi all just a quick question about the correct water height from the top edge of the cl2. I bought it second hand so don't have any instructions and need to know to build the filter base. It is gravity fed and I know it has to match the pond level just not sure of the level in the filter.
Many thanks tom
Duncan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: cloverleaf cl2 water level

Post by Duncan »

Tom

We need to know what size pipe its being fed through and the draw of the pump? a 4" dia pipe will handle around 2500 gph under gravity

but assuming its a 4" pipe with no restrictions ( i.e. the pipe does not close down to say 3" or 2" and there are not to many right angles) i would make the level so that when you cease pumping the filter just overflows

what im saying is if you make the water level lets say 1.5" below the lip of the filter when not pumping, when you switch the pump on that level will drop in the last chamber so that 1.5" becomes 3-4"

i would make it so that the pond level is dead level with lip of the cs2 and also work out whats a practical working level in your pond that may be lower than you think

dunc
larky tom
Sandbar shark
Sandbar shark

Re: cloverleaf cl2 water level

Post by larky tom »

Hi Dunc thanks for a fast reply, the bottom drain pipework is 4'' all the way with only two 90° sweeping bends. The pump I've got is an aquamax dry 8000.
Cheers tom