Scrape

This Section Is For Advanced Hobbyists Discussing new original cutting edge Experimental and Trial Treatments and Surgical Techniques, here we take koi health and pond keeping to the next level

Moderators: B.Scott, vippymini, Gazza, Manky Sanke

carlejo
Tiger Shark
Tiger Shark

Scrape

Post by carlejo »

Hi guys been advised I need to scrape my koi

I've got a shiro with a laceration on gill plate and he's jumping and swimming round pond quite fast
He agitated obviously

All has been ok up until last few days. I added some new koi from reputable dealer and they think it could be white spot as new koi just been added

I've got a microscope but ever used it before and to top it I've misplaced Duncan's bible

Please help aarggghh
Manky Sanke
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Scrape

Post by Manky Sanke »

Carl,

I normally leave answering medical questions to Duncan since he is the expert in this area but white spot needs prompt attention since it can kill very quickly so in case he is busy and doesn't see this post today, I will answer this one. White spot is easy to diagnose; the fish will have areas that look like it has been sprinkled with salt sometimes the affected areas spread across the whole body and fins:
http://www.koiquest.co.uk/whitespot.htm

You can go with the treatment in that article that he used to recommend or his newer treatment as in his post on this link:
http://www.koiquest.co.uk/forum/viewtop ... 29&t=12762
carlejo
Tiger Shark
Tiger Shark

Post by carlejo »

Thankyou for the reply
It’s all sorted now(few weeks ago) with help and treatment from Duncan

I have another question for you on media/showers
If you can give me advice on that, I’d be very grateful
Cheers
Carl
Manky Sanke
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Manky Sanke »

Ask away, I'm a little busy today so you may not get an immediate answer but I'll get back to you asap
carlejo
Tiger Shark
Tiger Shark

Post by carlejo »

Manky Sanke
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Manky Sanke »

Carl, I've just posted my comment on that thread. Basically, boxing in your shower will be fine provided you have some ventilation.