milky patches appearing on heads and back.

This Section Is For Advanced Hobbyists Discussing new original cutting edge Experimental and Trial Treatments and Surgical Techniques, here we take koi health and pond keeping to the next level

Moderators: B.Scott, vippymini, Gazza, Manky Sanke

amanda
Bull Shark
Bull Shark

milky patches appearing on heads and back.

Post by amanda »

Hi all .
had out break of costia and both types of fluke treated with mgf twice for costia then prazi twice for the fluke.
what i have noticed that is getting worse on a few koi are milky coatings on their heads and along their backs like an overly thick mucus deposit. also from the flukes i presume some have shredded looking dorsal and tail fins only. on about 3 noticed it start to develop on my big chagoi's head two days ago and this is after the treatments scraped several again only a couple of fluke and about 6 dead trich, the big sanky i had to remove six dead scales this is one that has the mucus on her head to her tail.
i just do not know what it is its not carp pox just really thick mucus does any one know or has had similar i will watch to see if they improve or get worse as it may be from the treatment. lost my big showa to the costia so a bit down at the mo. :(
Any info on this will be much appreciated :)