FX1

This Section Is For Advanced Hobbyists Discussing new original cutting edge Experimental and Trial Treatments and Surgical Techniques, here we take koi health and pond keeping to the next level

Moderators: B.Scott, vippymini, Gazza, Manky Sanke

Koi Story
Sandbar shark
Sandbar shark

FX1

Post by Koi Story »

I've got some FX1 working it's magic in my pond to rid the Koi of the dreaded flukes.

There doesn't seem anything on this treatment at present so I'll update in a week and let you know how things are going. It's currently been in just over a day and the Koi flashing display is still ongoing.

Mind I wasn't expecting an instant cure.
Duncan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: FX1

Post by Duncan »

keep me posted
Duncan
Koi Story
Sandbar shark
Sandbar shark

Post by Koi Story »

Hi Duncan

I thought I'd add a little update.

The FX1 arrived Wednesday morning and as per the dosage of 5g for 7500 Gallons and the advise that you can't overdose I divided the 5g into 3 as my pond is 2000 Gallons. A third of the powder was mixed with a little Acetone and added to the pond Wednesday morning. As advised I haven't changed the water although I did need to top up a little yesterday as my filter was starting to drop to a level where the pump was draining the last bay.

At present the fish are still flashing so I'm not sure how things are going. I go away on Wednesday morning for 10 days so I'll either need to top up or clean the filter Tuesday night. Preferably both.

I was thinking of doing the filter clean then see how things are when I come back and dose again if required.

I welcome your thoughts.
Dave
Koi Story
Sandbar shark
Sandbar shark

Post by Koi Story »

OK so I'm back from a week away and the koi are still flashing so I'm now on my second dose of FX1 fingers crossed again fir a week.
Duncan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Duncan »

any news are you the guy i sent c/t to?
dunc
Koi Story
Sandbar shark
Sandbar shark

Post by Koi Story »

Hi Duncan

Just spotted your post.

Yes I'm the guy you sent CT to.

The FX1 and CT together hit the spot. As I reported in email I think.

I did a few scrapes there were loads of dead flukes and just the odd gill fluke on one koi and the odd skin fluke on another.

As you said sometimes the best treatment is nothing. The fish were flashing a little nowhere near the level they were before. It's cooled down a little now so I haven't seen them flashing and I haven't scraped any either.

I can't say they've gone completely without the scrape evidence bu I would say that the FX1 seems to work better with the CT in the pond too.

Lets see what the next spell brings.