Skin flukes : 5% Flubenol not working

This Section Is For Advanced Hobbyists Discussing new original cutting edge Experimental and Trial Treatments and Surgical Techniques, here we take koi health and pond keeping to the next level

Moderators: B.Scott, vippymini, Gazza, Manky Sanke

lbt
Sandbar shark
Sandbar shark

Skin flukes : 5% Flubenol not working

Post by lbt »

Hi
We recently did a full pond clean as part of a serious upgrade to the filters and fitting a retro-BD.

Everything is looking good but we noticed some flashing and found we have skin flukes (100% confident from scrapes - they don't have the 4 'eye dots')

We did a treatment at 1g/89gallon dissolved in acetone as per the book.
However two weeks later a scrape showed we still had them (no behaviour issues - just very occasional flashing from one or two fish)
We retreated and a week later a scrape showed them still there so we've re-treated a 3rd time at 2g/89g.
Each time we've turned off the UV and bypassed the drum and bios for 48h (not sure if this is needed?)
So now, 48h after the 3rd treatment a scrape on a goldfish showed 8-10 in a decent sample on one slide.
I got a tiny sample from under the gill on another goldfish and it had 2 skin flukes.
Nothing else visible.

So, first question:
When I 'dissolve' the Flubenol in acetone it actually appears more like a suspension. Is this OK?
I realise this could be the filler and the medication is dissolving just fine but I wanted to check.

Could they be resistant to the active ingredient?

Then the real one... what do I do now? :?: