Costia

This Section Is For Advanced Hobbyists Discussing new original cutting edge Experimental and Trial Treatments and Surgical Techniques, here we take koi health and pond keeping to the next level

Moderators: B.Scott, vippymini, Gazza, Manky Sanke

Duncan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Costia

Post by Duncan »

costia
I'm now happy to announce the use of acriflavine neutral for eradication of costia and chillo this is working well at 8-9ppm and with salt it works even better say 0.3%

this treatment came about because so many folks have hit a brick wall this year with PP and MG&F

now obviously because costia and chillo are bullies and only pick on weak fish so its entirely possible only a few fish will need treating so quarantine makes this an even easier treatment

the caveat to all this is it will colour your water fluorescent green yellow for some time to come
it does not work with that crap pre made in a bottle which weak as ****

i have a shipment coming in from the USA
tonyb
Sandbar shark
Sandbar shark

Re: Costia

Post by tonyb »

Hi Dunc, this sounds good, but how many gram so is 8ppm or how do we work it out? My QT is 500 gallons and I am having a difficult time trying to get rid of Costia, so how much do I need and is it now for sale?
Thanks Tony
Duncan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Costia

Post by Duncan »

Tony if you need to find out how many PPM is in every day terms time your required PPM by 0.457=your desired sum per 100 gallons

so 5ppm would be 5 X .457 = 2.285 gm per 100 gallons

dunc