Praziquatel & N-cyclopropyl-1

This Section Is For Advanced Hobbyists Discussing new original cutting edge Experimental and Trial Treatments and Surgical Techniques, here we take koi health and pond keeping to the next level

Moderators: B.Scott, vippymini, Gazza, Manky Sanke

Duncan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Praziquatel & N-cyclopropyl-1

Post by Duncan »

coming soon for the 2014 season from the chemical factory Praziquatel & N-cyclopropyl-1,3,5 -triazine-2, 4,6 triamine.

praziquantel AKA fluke solve 10 gm treats 1000 gallons (double strength)

and N-cyclopropyl-1,3,5 -triazine-2, 4,6 triamine. 5 grams treats 4000 gallons for lice and Anchor

on its way now

dunc
DaveB
Tiger Shark
Tiger Shark

Re: Praziquatel & N-cyclopropyl-1

Post by DaveB »

Duncan wrote:coming soon for the 2014 season from the chemical factory Praziquatel & N-cyclopropyl-1,3,5 -triazine-2, 4,6 triamine.

praziquantel AKA fluke solve 10 gm treats 1000 gallons (double strength)

and N-cyclopropyl-1,3,5 -triazine-2, 4,6 triamine. 5 grams treats 4000 gallons for lice and Anchor

on its way now

dunc
Always looking forward to anything you can come up with as it is getting more and more difficult to get our hands on the old remedies. Any ideas what the cost of praiziquantel yet, for 54 grams or will you be selling it in fixed sizes ie 50 grms, 100 grms etc etc. Best Regards DaveB
tucker81
Nurse Shark
Nurse Shark

Post by tucker81 »

hi duncan, when ive treat with fluke solve it has always aggravated my koi, will yours be as aggressive?

cheers

tom
Duncan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Duncan »

DaveB wrote: Always looking forward to anything you can come up with as it is getting more and more difficult to get our hands on the old remedies. Any ideas what the cost of praiziquantel yet, for 54 grams or will you be selling it in fixed sizes ie 50 grms, 100 grms etc etc. Best Regards DaveB
i will be selling it in 10 gm lots 10 gm = 1000 gallons and im aiming at the same price as flukesolve gram per gramor £1 per gram or there abouts, but you only need just under half as much so in effect its half price, this is just a try out if the buying public dont go for it nothing lost i wont import any more.
tucker81 wrote:hi duncan, when ive treat with fluke solve it has always aggravated my koi, will yours be as aggressive?

cheers
To tell the truth if that happened with fluke solve (and i don't see why it should) i would expect the same with this, as its exactly the same stuff its just 100% pure but as you only need half as much the ratio is the same,the deployment is exactly the same. its getting harder and harder to fight flukes but i have something else left in the wings for when we get desperate

FYI flukesolve is only 50% prazi the rest is packer, we are not interested in the packing agent just the active ingredient
tucker81
Nurse Shark
Nurse Shark

Post by tucker81 »

cheers duncan, seemed to have a lot of trouble with flukes, whats the maximum dosage per ton for flubenol that is safe?

tom
Duncan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Duncan »

tom

this ,may seem an odd statement, but as far as im aware there is no maximum dose rate for flubenol least ways ive done some rediculous things with it

dunc
Spalders
Lemon Shark
Lemon Shark

Post by Spalders »

Hi Tucker

I have used Fluke Solve quite a bit.

You'll find that your fish will flash for 24 to 36 hours after treatment - as the flukes die off they irritate the koi more - I assume they wriggle more before they die - this is normal, don't worry about it.

I have used the commercially available Fluke Solve from Vetark 100g treats 5,500 gallons. My pond is 4,800 gallons and I always use one packet.

Then if I do the filters and change say 5% of the water i'll add a top up dose of fluke solve to maintain the dosage.

It's also safe to use with salt.

Dom.
Duncan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Duncan »

hi ya Dom

i must point out Tom was asking about flubenol dose rate not flukesolve Just in case theres any confusion

dunc
tucker81
Nurse Shark
Nurse Shark

Post by tucker81 »

cheers dom, they just dont seem to like flukesolve, cheers dunc ive recently upped my dose to 3.5grams per ton and it seems to do the trick will no ill effect to the fish

tom
Spalders
Lemon Shark
Lemon Shark

Post by Spalders »

Hi Dunc

In his first post he mentions Fluke Solve irritating his koi. Second post talks about flubenol.

Good news about you stocking prazi !

Dom
tucker81
Nurse Shark
Nurse Shark

Post by tucker81 »

hi dom, yeah sorry mate didnt really make it clear, fish dont seem to like the fluke solve, so thats why i asked dunc about dosage for flubenol

tom :D
Duncan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Duncan »

thats fine Dom

ok lets put it another way with flubenol 5% i have in the past supplied double dose rate for stubborn fluke, i know of no upper limit although there must be one

unlike other meds where we quote usually the maximum dose flubenol 5% does of 1 gm per 89 gallons is the bare minimum of what you need to get the job done

there were a couple of guys a few years back selling "flubenol 30%" thats 6 times as powerful
dunc
Duncan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Duncan »

the discus guys are useing from their health book are useing 200mg per 100 litres put into perspective with flubenol 5% thats 4 grams per 20 gallons for seven days then do a big water change and repeat thats they say stops building any resistance even a double dose for us is puny by comparison and discus are delicate fish :mrgreen:

dunc
tucker81
Nurse Shark
Nurse Shark

Post by tucker81 »

cheers dunc, treat this week with the 3.5g per ton, will be scraping again soon to see if its worked. what i did notice is the water stayed cloudier for longer but the fish seemed fine

tom