Dermocystidium new treatment

This Section Is For Advanced Hobbyists Discussing new original cutting edge Experimental and Trial Treatments and Surgical Techniques, here we take koi health and pond keeping to the next level

Moderators: B.Scott, vippymini, Gazza, Manky Sanke

kimr
Bull Shark
Bull Shark

Re: Dermocystidium new treatment

Post by kimr »

Sorry not been about much as I been a bit busy so having a catch up and what a great result. Alot of credit has to go to the Koi but also the water it is being kept in, it must also be top notch otherwise the Koi wouldn't be able to heal like it is. Duncans knowledge and expertise has played a massive role as well but Paul you have done a great job and should feel rightly proud of the progress.

Duncan, is their differant strains of the virus which is why the Chagoi took more agressive treatment to heal than Steve's Koi, my Bekko had a very small spot on the head by the top of gill plate and it took one treatment and it healed, I scraped it down to the bone cleaned topical treated and it cleared up, I treated it quickly as I didn't have the wart treatment but didn't want to leave it so when I caught it to treat it as per insructions in this post it had virtually cleared up and the last time I looked which was when I bagged it for the move you could barely see anything had been wrong, which is why i was wondering if there are differant strengths of the virus
Duncan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Duncan »

hi Kim

sorry about not answering this sooner but you kinow how it is you look at something long enough you think its been dealt with

i cant say if there are differing strains of this disease there is little known about it but it does appear to be a bit of a bugger to get rid of

to that end my discovery of silver nitrate so farseems to be the last word in treatmemt of this disease im currentl;y lookling into a silver nitrate pen with a nib and a flow of S/N soltion to that nib
its may be a cheaper and more convienient solution to what is a hard disease to overcome

dunc
Brad93
Sandbar shark
Sandbar shark

Post by Brad93 »

Duncan, not sure if you've seen my email regarding Silver Dihydrogen Citrate but it could be a future possible treatment?
blemmy
Sandbar shark
Sandbar shark

Post by blemmy »

Hi Duncan,

What strength of silver nitrate did you use on the chagoi please - is the strength measured in a certain number of grammes of silver nitrate per litre of distilled water?

I have seen silver nitrate reagent powder for sale - is that the same thing that you used mixed with distilled water? :?

Paul