Akemi ki Goi Male SCALED x with Hi Shusui female DOITSU

a Section for breeders and back yard breeders to post info, so we can all learn something about this fantastic Craft

Moderators: B.Scott, vippymini, Gazza, Manky Sanke

ranchu1
Sandbar shark
Sandbar shark

Akemi ki Goi Male SCALED x with Hi Shusui female DOITSU

Post by ranchu1 »

Hi Im new to the forum but I have been breeding Koi since I was a teenager and experimenting with crosses in the early days with gold fish to koi and had many differant types to breed from ,but now some 30 years on I still breed my koi every year but only koi to koi ,I also keep and breed my own line of Gold and blackmoors just for fun ,I now have my own line of sanke's and Akmei ki goi which are lemon and rasied these from 3''koi from my friend Peter Rhodes from Latchfords Aquatics in Essex these are now 6 years old and I have 2males and one female and i have akemi's from these fish now 3 years old and very good ones to they have bred true and no deformaties at all ,so good stock ,this year I have crossed one of my males with a very nice female Hi shusui from Hosakai and so far the fry that have been produced by pan method are all strong and robust ,as i use a method that is best i find in that i place the fry in water that has large fish in so its like a normal spawning and this produces stronger fish un like most pan spawnings ,then I heat my fry up to get bigger to cope with plankton and greenwater and the results are strong healthy fry with great colours ,TO SEE SOME PIC'S go to www.Koikichi.com and look under ranchu1 posts in FORUM but you will need to join ,as they develop i will post more ,so far I have lemon Hariwaki Scaled ,Kikusui,Ginsui ,Kinsui,yamabuki ogonDoitsu,parachina ogonDoitsu,Akemi ki goi scaled and Doitsu ,and also with the last 60 grams of eggs I used a sanke Male Scaled and have sanke and sanke Doitsu,so Im well chuffed and i have run out of room even though i have sold on 30,000 as this spawn produced around 100.000fry so culling has been hard and backbreaking ,but I have now got it down to 500-600 1 inch koi and plan to just keep 50 and sell on the rest but shape and patterns look good ,also Akemi ki goi look all pink and white so I will be looking at these ,and see if they stay white or will they go lemon ? :D
SADLER
Tiger Shark
Tiger Shark

Post by SADLER »

great stuff any pictures :D
Cuttlebrook Koi
architeuthis moderator
architeuthis moderator

Post by Cuttlebrook Koi »

Hi ranchu1

It's great to see you posting on Koi Quest!

I am sure all the Koi Questers will be keen to find out how you have achieved such great results.

I know you have some good pictures and look forward to seeing more of them.

Welcome to Koi Quest. :)

Lisa