Chagoi for KHV

a Section for breeders and back yard breeders to post info, so we can all learn something about this fantastic Craft

Moderators: B.Scott, vippymini, Gazza, Manky Sanke

Maurice
Lemon Shark
Lemon Shark
Location: In a Polytunnel, Weston-super-Mare, North Somerset.

Chagoi for KHV

Post by Maurice »

I have one of my 'baby' 19 month old chagoi at home which I should have culled a good while ago. I hung on as it was the second largest.

It has a lump in the ovary area, this has been there a good while. I have hung on to it, hoping it would even out in shape.
It would be a real shame to cull it now, I think someone could give it a good home?

If it were not for this problem, I would sell the koi for £600.00, but to me now it is worthless.

So what I propose is if someone would give a donation to our open weekend KHV money raiser and could collect it from my house by the end of next weekend, it is theirs.
I have no idea how long this chagoi will live, 6 months, 2 years or 20 years, so don't go silly with the amount of money, I don't want to feel guilty taking money for a problem koi.

The lump is not large, but can be seen if you look hard, but rest assured, it's not an infection, it has been there too long.

I'll post a photo this evening when I'm home and have snapped a picture. It's is 67cm!

Maurice.
Maurice
Lemon Shark
Lemon Shark

Post by Maurice »

£50.00 is fine, I'll not accept any more than £100.
It would be good for someone who would really like a large koi and has none.

I have decided I will bring the koi to the open weekend for collection. I was hoping to move it on before, because I shall have large numbers of koi, but what is one more?

In 2 years this koi could be a metre in length.

The lump shows in the second photo, on the right as you look.

[img]http://www.koi-uk.co.uk/own_bred2004/lump_chagoi1_67cm.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.koi-uk.co.uk/own_bred2004/lump_chagoi2_67cm.jpg[/img]
Maurice.
Jules
architeuthis moderator
architeuthis moderator

Post by Jules »

Maurice |I have a guy who will give you £100 for the koi and it will go into a 35,000 gallon pool. Hope this is acceptable? I can pick it up for him over the open weekend.

Jules
Maurice
Lemon Shark
Lemon Shark

Post by Maurice »

Thanks Jules,

I'm not sure how much we will raise for KHV research over the Easter weekend, but that is £100 for starters.

Maurice.
Jules
architeuthis moderator
architeuthis moderator

Post by Jules »

No problems Maurice I will bring some odds and sodds down along with the other items I have promised you.

Jules
jason-m
Great White Shark
Great White Shark

Post by jason-m »

Jesus, he's a beast.... :o
Jules
architeuthis moderator
architeuthis moderator

Post by Jules »

I will pm you my response to that, stand by....

Jules