Tancho

a Section for breeders and back yard breeders to post info, so we can all learn something about this fantastic Craft

Moderators: B.Scott, vippymini, Gazza, Manky Sanke

Koi Rabbit
Lemon Shark
Lemon Shark

Tancho

Post by Koi Rabbit »

Hi All
I have been looking for some Tancho but small or fry as I would like to grow on and see them develope I know they are hard to come by but this is something new for me and would like to do

Many Thanks
The Koi Rabbit
ageinghippy
Hammer Head shark
Hammer Head shark

Re: Tancho

Post by ageinghippy »

Hi, My initial thought is --you`ll be lucky!

As you say, they are a bit hard to come across and are quite a sought after fish, but there are some around. The small size that you are after is where the problems lie, as not many breeders will want to sell off a tancho when it is tiny, and miss out on potentially ending up with a fish that will fetch a good price once it reaches 12 -15 inches long.

You might find one in a garden centre type dealers, but they are usually `home made`and the spot usually disappears after a few months.

Chris (another one).
boogatee
Bull Shark
Bull Shark

Post by boogatee »

Check with Mark and Lisa at cuttlebrook, they usually have a few - they won't be show winners (No dealer sells their best koi at such a small size) but might be exactly what you are looking for. You do realise that not all tancho come out with round spots.... and those that do will cost you quite a bit even at a small size.... and many have stray hi (red) on their body and pecs and are called kohaku :D
Glenn
Black Tip Reef Shark
Black Tip Reef Shark

Post by Glenn »

What like these, pm me

Regards

Glenn
Attachments
Tanchos.jpg
Tanchos.jpg (26.65 KiB) Viewed 5220 times
Brek
Black Tip Reef Shark
Black Tip Reef Shark

Post by Brek »

they look very nice were abouts in the country are you?, I am also looking for a tancho, they are rareish and until us brits started seeking them out the japs I believe were not to bothered about them and good ones were to be had quite cheap, not the case now though.
Glenn
Black Tip Reef Shark
Black Tip Reef Shark

Post by Glenn »

Hi Brek, I'm near Newbury

Regards

Glenn
Georgy
Lemon Shark
Lemon Shark

Post by Georgy »

You'll be very lucky to keep that perfect tancho on those when they grow. But nice fish!